Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Fog Has Lifted....How About Something Blue...





The day started out very gloomy, dark, damp, and foggy.
The temperature is up...but supposed to drop again this evening.

After  deciding to do a "blue" post today...I realized how hard it was going to be to find a lot of blue flowers!!  So...bear with me...and enjoy the trip... 
Usually the "Scillia" is my first spring bloom. I inherited a few bunches from my sister, when she swapped me some day lilies...in my very early days of gardening.

But, I do have a few patches at the lake,as well....... I find them very cheery...when the rest of the garden, is just rolling over and yawning

                          Here...they are mixed in with a lonely crocus...unfortunately when I do a lot of transplanting, the tiny bulbs get uprooted by mistake...

Another spring favorite is the forget-me-nots...here they are pink and blue mixed together...love these little guys..



 Love this pic of a broken pot......with a succulent..forget-me-nots.......ribbon grass......and some violets mixed in...
The forget-me-nots also come in white....I know,this is supposed to be a blue post....but throw me a bone...I am desperate for blue flowers!!









 
Are these violas blue or violet??? Guess I will have to do a purple post soon...

These are Lungwort...another spring bloom...kinda blue?

Forget-me-nots and violas together

Cranesbill Geraniums...another gift from my sister..


 These Bachelor Buttons are at the lake...dug up and shared by one of my neighbours at home...don't you just love plant swapping??
                 This is where I grow my morning glories...at the lake..by the shed..and on an etagere...




And they can be truly spectacular...trouble is they only last one day...and I am not always there when they bloom!!   But..I was fortunate to get these shots...




Now we are talking BLUE!!! These delphiniums were glorious last summer at home......hopefully they will survive this weird winter weather, and prosper next summer..




 The Balloon flower bud, is awesome.....actually looks like a balloon!!! Then opens to a lovely flower.....if deadheaded, will continue to flower into the Fall
 







                             In closing...how about the clear blue waters at the cottage...with the seagulls having a snack...

                   Hope this "blue" brightened your day...even a 
                   little bit............  
                                                       :o)

3 comments:

  1. Seems to me it was more of a purple post! Fine by me as I think you know what my favourite colour is. Lovely flowers and I am learning so much about the names of flowers and gardening and such reading your posts!! I love the flowers in unlikely pots, like the teapot nestled in close to the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see those bright blue colours on such a cold and gloomy day :)

    Sandy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. As luck would have it, I have the same rusty tower with the gazing ball on top! I never thought of the Morning glory feature. Genius!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....