Wednesday 24 October 2012

Fabulous Friday At The Lake.....

This is a new post...

I miss not writing something new...

I think what I will do with the older posts, is perhaps refer to them occasionally...or just choose some pictures to share...

Favorite pictures...for sure...

Anyway.......

This is from last Friday at the cottage...

Beautiful day...

Warm....well, actually...HOT!!!

Nice East wind...

And the Beach....to die for!!!! 

I was able to walk all the way to the castle...could have gone all the way to the Provincial Park at the far East...

We also walked to the West...around our Sea Wall on that side...Haven't been able to do that...only once...about 10 years ago...

The Sun was dancing off the water...

The leaves are all a glorious Yellow...notice how Yellow everything seems to be this Fall??....

Bird prints in the sand....

Steps laden with stones...

The next day was gloomy....

Rainy....

Cloudy....

Sure hope we get a few more weekends...

Supposed to be fabulous this Thursday and Friday...

Hope you can hang in til the end...Lots of photos...  :o)
  























One Bummer on our arrival....

A HUGE branch...broke thru one of the Sunporch screens...

                         YIKES......

Our neighbours told us, that on Tuesday, the winds were steady all day..straight from the South...at 90kms/hr...  

We found about 6 big branches around the property...all dead...

Natures way of cleaning out the dead wood....sigh....we will look to fix it in the Spring...

Well.......this felt good...

I missed my daily rants....

Thanks for listening....

Hope you all have a great day....

Man..........I feel better......

                        Cheers!   :o)
                          linda  

14 comments:

  1. Super photography, nipped on line whilst the Chilli con carne is simmering away, The castle looks interesting tell us more, who lives or lived in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmmm chili...love that!!
      I will post something....soon...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos Linda. I love the water scenes, especially the one looking out with the sun dancing on the waves. It looks like a perfect day there. Now, you need to tell us the story behind the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise...I will devote a post to it soon...maybe get a few more pics of it this weekend!!

      Delete
  3. I never tire of seeing photos of the water and the rocks. Beautiful photos of the grounds around the cottage. I'm sure you hate to leave there. I would want to stay all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know how I feel...
      When I am there...I feel like I am in a different world...sigh....

      Delete
  4. I love the photos of the oak leaf on the rock and the rusty steps with beach stone stuck in them. I guess you can tell exactly how low the lake really is. I wonder if they're all low?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.freep.com/article/20120906/NEWS05/309060193/Report-Great-Lakes-water-levels-may-flirt-with-record-lows

      Delete
    2. The lake is REALLY low...thanks for the link, I will check it out...

      Delete
  5. What lovely photos!

    We have had a bit of Indian Summer this week with temps reaching 80! Sunny, blue sky..just lovely. The leaves are falling like crazy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW...80, eh??
      We are supposed to be warm for he next 2 days...
      We had rain for 2 days...windy...lots of leaves down here at home...

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to a bit of that Indian Summer today. I think perhaps it is done raining, and leaves on the ground are pretty too.

      Delete
  6. It's alway a treat to discover neighbours who share things in common.

    Love your cottage based photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Daniel...glad you enjoy my photos...

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....