Thursday 11 October 2012

Summers Last Shot....

Took these pics last weekend at the cottage...Thursday was beautiful...even hot...nice and sunny...but then it was downhill....cloudy,windy and rainy on Friday...

We went for a long drive...and then enjoyed a fire on Friday night...

Packed up for home on Saturday....prepared for the Turkey and Family...

Enjoy these...they may be the last of the Summer  :o(


























               Probably won't get to the Lake until Saturday...

                 Friday is supposed to be 8 degrees....brrrrrr..

                    Perhaps something will be left in bloom...

                       Hope you all had a great day....


                                 Cheers!      :o)
                                      linda

11 comments:

  1. Lovely last pictures of a hot, hot summer. The cottage looks so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was, wasn't it??? Seems like a long time ago now, doesn't it?
      Gosh, I hate this damp weather...

      Delete
  2. Enjoy those last blooms. It is downright chilly here with drizzly rain coming down since mid afternoon. The fire is on and I'm going to cozy up under an afghan and knit this evening. I even put on a turtle neck and pullover today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda...a turtleneck???? I was thinking I should get my scarf collection out, and see whats what.... No rain here today...but windy and damp...I am going to make Vivian another hat tonight...like the one in the photo....only takes a couple of hours...no pattern...just from scratch...

      Delete
    2. A scarf too and fingerless mittens .... I'm a chilly mortal :)

      Delete
    3. I'll say!!!!
      I will be doing the same thing soon....I am sure!!

      Delete
  3. It's sad to see the end of the summer blooms but it still looks beautiful at your cottage. It was really cold and windy here today and I heard there might be flurries north of here tomorrow morning. Rain for us. Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are having flurries in Northern Ontario...
      Hope we are spared for a while!!
      The cottage is actually in another gardening zone, than my home...further south...the Niagara region is warmer...sometimes we don't close until mid-December...and we have spent many New Years Eves out there!!! Doesn't look too good for this year :o(

      Delete
  4. We never made it across the bridge this year. Maybe next year. Pretty pictures. Yes, I think summer is behind us now. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turning a little nippy here too but all the better for seeing these wonderful photos of the cottage Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....