Wednesday 28 November 2012

Last Thursday At The Lake....

 After we had done some more raking...

And BLowing of the leaves....

We had lunch in the sun...

I even did a crossword after we ate...

I keep a stash of them there...

For just such an occasion..

The parsley is still growing...


Woodland Geraniums a lovely red....

That stone is still in place on the beach...and a pumpkin washed up!!!

Found a very large shell...still intact...

The grass is still green and lush...

You only know it is Fall...as there are no leaves on the trees...

 







 It was rather chilly that day...and kinda windy..

But the sunshine made up for that...

We both had our "cottage" selection of clothes...

We never seem to bring  enough warm stuff!!! 

With the Lake breeze...it can be deceiving...



             Pretty soon we will have to shut the water off...

                 And say goodbye to another year at the lake...

                              But...

                        We are only 75 minutes away...so can visit often..:o)


                  Hope you all had a great day...

                        I had another busy one...


                                 Cheers!   :o)
                                     linda 

16 comments:

  1. Oh how I envy you, your lake cottage!!! Such lovely pictures! Amazing rock, eh?
    I gather you must not use it in the winter months much?
    I enjoyed my little visit to your cottage!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Kris...without water is is difficult...altho' we have spent many New Years Eve's out there...with no water!!!

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful to see how the cottage is very much part of your lives,and how you spend your time there. It is so important to have places like this, so that the family has a place to gather together and memories can be made. I look forward to your visits. No amount of money can buy this quality of life Linda, but you already know that. Lovely photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always amaze me with your lovely comments...
      I am blushing!!!
      I do know that we have a darn good life...
      But....we work hard to earn it..

      Delete
  3. It still looks pretty nice there Linda. I guess some people live there full time year around so get used to the cold wind and strange things washing ashore. I love the rock lodged between the big rocks. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few year-round neighbours...
      I would love to be there when a storm rolls in...
      The lake is awesome..

      Delete
  4. Such treasures the lake brings to your beach. I'm sure there are some cold and strong winds that also come off the lake in the winter. I'm sure as soon as you turn the water off and close up for winter you are counting the days till you will be there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is a south wind...yes..
      When from the North it is cold, but not so bitter...
      Hopefully the lake will freeze this winter...
      Made your soup today...deeelish!!

      Delete
  5. It's been pretty chilly here today- with the high winds. I hope you had a nice night alone with your Grand Daughter :)

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pooped Sandy...you forget how time consuming they can be...
      But...I also enjoyed every minute..she is so cuddly!!

      Delete
  6. I love your little cottage! It's been so fun to see you there every weekend for these warm months! Time to snuggle down and home and stay warm! I was going to ask you how long of a drive it is....that is not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks Betsy...I enjoyed having you along for the ride!!
      Will close the water soon..and then just visit :o(
      As we spend February in Florida, it will be time to open before you know it!!

      Delete
  7. oh that cottage . . .
    so lovely. i'd be tempted to have christmas there and then close it up for its winter nap! but then . . . for the christmas elf ~ would it be double the work? i suppose so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my dreams, Tammy!!!
      Besides no water....there would only be the fireplace and small heaters for heat!!!!
      My boyfriend and I have talked about winterizing...but then we decide to keep it as it is...our very own getaway...cute as is!!!

      Delete
  8. I like your cottage too. :)
    We used to have a Mom's Night Out at the cottage of a friend's in laws. It wasn't far from here but it was fun to get away just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha...girl getaways are fun...did that years ago...not so much anymore...except for my sister-in-law...and we sit and play scrabble!!!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....