Friday 14 December 2012

Still Soooo Much To Do.....

 I have got 10 days to turn this....


Into Vivian's Christmas stocking...

I have a lot of ideas swirling around in my head...

Lets hope my sewing skills can take me where I want to go.... 

I made myself, boyfriend and the kids stockings 30 some odd years ago, but I could not get the same quilted red gingham...

I am hoping to perhaps put a new twist on her stocking...

Wish me luck!!!

  


This is a sneak peek at my centrepiece...

Not very traditional for this time of year...

But...hey...roses are always fabulous...right?

Having some dear friends in for dinner this evening...



The menu is not very traditional either...


But....very delicious....

Took a short break form cleaning to prepare this post...

The menu is:

Appetizers:

 Fresh Spicy Ceasars to begin...

Smoked Salmon, cream cheese and dill on crackers...

HUGE Shrimp and Horseradish sauce...

Grapes....Havarti Cheese...assorted olives and pickles...



Dinner....

  Lots of Red Wine...Merlot is my choice...

               Home Baked Bread with Olive Oil for dipping..

              Greek Avacado Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese...

               Summer Fresh Pasta...so delicious...tons of garlic...and fresh
                                 Basil and tomato...zuccinni and sausage...


Dessert:

  My famous Lemon Banana Blueberry Loaf with fresh fruit, yogurt
                        and a splash of Maple syrup...


Wish you could join us....it will be  wonderful...I promise!!!


             Hope you all have a great evening...

                     I plan to...

                        Now...I am back to work..



                             Cheers!   :o)
                                linda


  

      

8 comments:

  1. WOW.
    said in an awed whisper. with a big smile just thinking of the deliciousness of it all. even the wee stocking. xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy...we had an awesome time, and the meal was delish!!

      Delete
  2. yum yum yum! That all sounds like a delicious feast! Hope you have leftovers so you don't have to cook tomorrow!

    love pink for christmas...really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pink anytime, Betsy...
      There are leftovers, but I am sure my boyfriend will have that for a late lunch!!

      Delete
  3. Fancy! I'll be there in about four hours traffic permitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...you would be soooo welcome, Martha..

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished stocking. Have fun at your dinner party.
    The grandkids are coming to play this morning ... guess I'll be napping this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either...must get started...still formulating a design in my head...will probably have to go to Fabricland again!!
      Have fun with the kiddies...

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....