Friday 25 January 2013

Valentines Ready To Be Mailed.....




I decided that I needed to get my Valentines cards, ready...

They will need to be mailed before we leave...

The hardest part of making your own cards...

Is...

Finding just the right picture...

For those on your Valentines card list... 

I don't make all frilly, lacey...red hearts kind of cards...

I choose from my stack of photos that I have had printed up...

Not your traditional Valentines cards...

That..........

Is for darn sure....

I look for something beyond the obvious...

Luscious closeups of juicy ripe fruit...

Blooming beauties from my Garden photos...

A vase full of wonderful White Tulips...

A favorite photo of our dear Vivian...

And the Hydrangea the bloomed on the day she was born...

A bunch of Tulips still bundled together...

No...

Certainly not traditional...

Not at all...

BUT..

That is [to me] what makes them so special...

And...

That is why I create my own cards...

To let...

The people in my life...

 That I love...

Know...

HOW much they are indeed loved...:o)

  

             All sealed.........and ready to be mailed.....with LOVE...

photo courtesy of Erika..:o)


        And to our very special little Valentine this year...

                    Big Hugs and Kisses...


     On the menu this fine frigid Friday...

          Roast rack of Lamb...with a Dijon mustard crust...

               Roast Potatoes and Carrots...

                   Fresh asparagus...tomatoes and goats cheese...

                       And a few glasses of Merlot...tee hee hee...


           Hope you are having a great day...

                Cheers!  :o)
                     linda




     

29 comments:

  1. How sweet. My favorite Valentine is the one in the last sweet photo!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely home made cards ... You can't beat them
    Vivian is the cutest Valentine of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing them...and I HOPE my recipients love getting them!!!

      Delete
  3. Meant to ask, do you purchase cards to print on? Or print on photo paper and fix to card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I either print them myself,I have a little photo printer...or I order them from Shutterfly when they have a special on...I buy blank cards and envelopes and glue stick them on...Hope this helps!!

      Delete
  4. Where are you going? Maybe I missed it while my internet was out. I've had a hard time catching up with everything,

    I love your Valentines. I will probably do heart shaped cookies with the children I babysit. One of them has a birthday that day and will be seven. Your little Valentine Child is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Martha...we are going to Florida...YAY...she is...isn't she??

      Delete
  5. Each day I wait patiently for your words and pics. Love the valentines and am anxiously awaiting the new sun porch photos. Best wishes on this lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee Dot...thanks for the kind words...wish I knew who you are...do you have a blog I could visit??? Love your blue hair!!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda, no blog, just an admirer and former Ontarian..from near your way. Your site so reminds me of days spent on the beach and at a cottage...I've burgundy hair now! LOL

      Delete
  6. Love your Valentine cards Linda. Do you print off the cards and buy the blank cards at Mich---'s? That's how I do mine and I use the stick on squares to affix the photos to the card fronts. I have rubber stamps with certain sayings and stamp the greeting inside. I'm just wondering how you make yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy cards wherever I can...use a glue stick to adhere...
      Photos are either from SHutterfly...or I have a small printer that I use...thanks for asking!!

      Delete
  7. Very pretty and special because you made them!!
    Cute wee Vivian...what are you going to do without her for a month..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss her like crazy!!!! But will Skype...

      Delete
  8. I love all that "Talent" so pleased to see talent being used so thoughtfully. Your cards are certainly treasured gifts from the heart.
    Have a wonderful holiday & safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lamb and wine are my favourite!! Can I come visit you in Florida...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are true keepsakes and good enough to frame once you have enjoyed the sentiment! They are very special, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks Devon...I really appreciate that :o)

      Delete
  11. Love your sweet cards! What a great idea to use your wonderful photos!

    Love the picture of Viv.

    dinner sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner was especially good last night...and the wine...divine!!!

      Delete
  12. oh that baby's eyelashes.
    she is so beautiful.
    and i LOVE that your cards aren't the 'run of the mill' valentines!
    so special and creative.
    sunshine sea and florida ~ here comes the cc girl!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very soon now, Tammy...a few more days...get my pretty hot pink toes in the sand!!!

      Delete
  13. Your photos are love, and none more precious than Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A baby is the best Valentine of all!

    (¸¸.♥➷♥•*¨)¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸. ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.♥➷•*¨)
    ─▀██▀─▄███▄─▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
    ──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──conquers
    ──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──all ♥➷♥
    ─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸♥.•*¨) (¸.•´¸♥➷♥¸.•´♥¸.•´♥¸.•*¨)♥.•*¨)¸.•*♥¸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW...you are the best at this...whatever you call it!!!
      Great job, Birdie...thanks!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....