Thursday 18 April 2013

Thrifty Thursday....



 Haven't done a Thrifty Thursday for a while...


These items are from the last few months...


I always seem to gravitate to the same kind of items...


Guess I know what I like...

And...

HAVE to have!!! hahaha!


Let's get started...   

This candelabra caught my eye...

Interesting "bubble" effect...

Even has the beloved Cornflower Pattern...

Just for fun...

I looked it up on Ebay...

You won't believe it!!!

A pair is going for...

Wait for it....

A whopping $135.00!!!!!

I paid $1!!!!

Pretty darn good investment,eh???

And I use it all the time!!!!









Then...

Something yellow caught my eye...

This adorable little candle holder...

Very heavy thick crystal...

A mere 50 cents... 





Scored these 2 baskets...

For both....75 cents...

Love the shape of the red one...

I can see it overflowing with purple lobelia and white impatiens...


LOVE LOVE LOVE baskets!   




Another weakness...

Glass jars...

With wire closures...

2 for 75 cents...




Another candle holder...

This one has 3 legs...

And a nice flowery shape...



25 cents!!!!






Another passion...

Cream and sugars...

This one...

Cornflower crystal...

Perfectly round...

Perfectly sweet...

$1 for the pair!!! 






Something else I always look for...


Small...interesting...useful...

Vintage tables...

This one will certainly find a very useful job...

Wherever...

I decide...

To...

Put her......$5...worth every $!!!!







Beautiful...


Blue....


I have filled her with shells I collected in Florida...


$1....


BONUS!!!! 







Sweet cross-stitch creamer...

I have a few teacups with this pattern...

Found one very similar on EBay...$15...

I paid..

25 cents....  









Love this small corning jug...


Couldn't find it on the Web...

I paid...

$1....

Perfect!!!







Found this Corning Creamer...


Spring Blossoms pattern...

Selling for $6....

Paid 50 cents...

Will get a  good workout this summer..

At the cottage... 



Well...

Those are my purchases for the last wee while...

Have you reclaimed any vintage pieces lately???


On the menu tonight...

  BBQ'D Beef kabobs....peppers and mushrooms...

      Served over rice.....side salad...

Hope you are all having a great day...

Strange weather here...temps on the rise...some rain...some sun...

Tomorrow.......rain all day....

Enjoy today!!!

                                Cheers!   :o)
                                   linda

    

17 comments:

  1. Wow Linda. You found some beautiful pieces for really cheap!! I haven't found anything here lately. VV has more junk and the good stuff is always gone or too expensive now. The Cornflower candle holder was a steal of a deal! That pattern is quite collectible now. I have several pieces and lots of glassware in it. I love the orange flowered creamer. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find Value Village expensive..
      I just love Cornflower...got a few lovely pieces from my Mom...
      I frequent the Salvation Army...and Bibles For Missions shops...always find something nice!!

      Delete
  2. You go to some great stores to find bargains. We don't seem to have many around here. I've been collecting glass pieces to make a glass totem for a friend's birthday. Haven't been out to look lately, been too busy at home. Got the books all shelved, now going through some boxes from the china cupboards ... some stuff isn't making it back. A big donation box has been started. Hm-m-m maybe I should start my own thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are getting your place organized...back to normal!!
      A lot of people sell their thrifty finds on ETSY...
      Perhaps you should try that!!!

      Delete
  3. amazing prices! amazing.
    my darling mother loved little pitchers. creamers. i think I've mentioned that before. but whenever i say it ... i can see her delight in them all over again ... just as your delight is in these. gave me a great memory again. as you always do! thanks.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome....glad I can be of assistance!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey, you did GREAT!!! Don't you just love it? So much more fun that going to the mall. Love the deals. We have very similar tastes..I would have picked up most of those things for myself if I were there! baskets..jars...bowls...you just can't have too many! hahaha. Got a few good deals myself yesterday at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, eh Betsy!!
      I HATE going to the Mall...love thrift shopping!!

      Delete
  5. Love your bargain finds! I think we have to shop together as I NEVER find good stuff like you do! Faaaaaaaaabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take you this summer...on our way to the cottage!!! Deal?

      Delete
  6. I love the canning jars! I look for those too. They make great sugar bowls. And you already know I have a thing for creamers.

    I think it's almost time for me to find some thrifty deals. Maybe I'll start perusing garage and yard sales again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out there Martha...there are things just waiting for you to take home!!

      Delete
  7. Great finds! I haven't bought anything vintage lately. It's hard to find anything like that around here. I want to try a new vintage shop I've never been to though; I just need to find some time during their short hours of being open!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good shopper! I share your passions for baskets, and creamers, and dishes in general. Also for antique jars with wire closures. I would have been arm wrestling you for a couple of those pieces. Love the table too. I have a darling half table on my front porch. Love it!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could find deals like that! That vintage table would for around $55.00 here. The glassware would go for no less than $8.00 to $15.00.

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....