Friday 1 December 2017

Last Week with Miss V πŸ’–....and....Welcoming December....

 Last Friday was our day and sleepover with Miss V...

I already posted this pic of her, but I love it so much...

I can indulge myself....right??? hahaha!!

First task was to put up the Christmas window clings...

Then...we packed up some stuff for our lunch...and...

We left for the cottage drive...and saw a lot of Horses along the way...

It was VERY windy that day...we ventured down to the beach, but didn't stay too long down there!!






 After lunch...and exploring everything inside the cottage...we made our way to the roadside , and cut a few Christmas greens from my evergreens...

Miss V was so excited to find a lot of pinecones...in the FOREST!!! πŸ’š

They are bagged and brought home, to do some sort of Christmas craft...

Not long into the drive home...a certain Miss got the droopy eyelids, and had a lovely nap πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

She brought her "Ted" from the cottage...she just loves that Bear!!!

I bought it at a Thrifty shop for her...



 Once we were back home...she got started on a card for her new cousin Nora...

She was going the next day to the hospital to meet her. She had already been once, but were unable to see her, as there was a procedure going on in the neo-natal unit...

Unfortunately...as Nora had been moved to another hospital, the rules are a bit different, and once again she was not able to meet her...she was pretty upset, but says she understood about the rules...πŸ’”





 I curled her hair on Saturday...after her bath...she looked fabulous!!!

Always sad to see her go...but we will see her again very soon!!








We visited with wee Nora on Wednesday...

I even got to hold her πŸ’—

And change her diaper!!

She is holding her own...just not gaining any weight yet...baby steps...

Her Mom is back in the hospital...suffering from Preeclampsia...

The only upside is that she is close to Nora...

Wishing a speedy recovery for Anna and a quick release for both...get home and get on with the love...

Check out all that blonde hair on Nora...what a doll...soooo tiny!πŸ’• 




Well...that is it for me...

We are off to the cottage...one last sleepover...and a fire!!!

I scribbled this on the beach last weekend...cheating...I know!! 



                                     🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I want to thank you all for your lovely... kind... caring remarks about our little Nora... 

Blogging is such a rewarding experience for me...

I have found so many dear people...thanks again...πŸ’—

                                      🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸



I think boyfriend may shut the water off on Saturday...it will be one last thing on our minds...time for the old girl to take a rest....( the cottage...not me!)

Hope you are all well....no frost or snow here yet...it was 16C on Tuesday!!

         Have a great weekend...

                 See you soon...

                       Cheers!  :o)

                                linda ♥️

38 comments:

  1. The concluding photo of you with Nora is a wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra...hard not to grin while holding your newborn granddaughter ☺️

      Delete

  2. I hope Nora and Mom are home soon. What a beautiful Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww . . . proud Nana of two wonderful grands . . . . enjoy for life . . . :)
    Little Nora is beautiful . . . :)

    You can see what I have been up to today on FaceBook but will post it on blog soon. I was Santa at a local school and had a great time with the kids, Mums and Dads and two elves . . . Ho Ho Ho . . :) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eddie....
      they are both beautiful girls...for sure!!
      I will wait for your blogpost...don't like to go on FB...ho ho ho!!

      Delete
    2. Ok . . . done . . . Have a great week . . . :)

      Delete
    3. Santa awaits you . . . lol

      Hope all is well and little Nora is coming along nicely . . :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks Eddie...she is home with her Mom and DadπŸ’•

      Delete
  4. oh ccgirl! you are doubly blessed. both with vivian and now baby nora.
    nora is so tiny. it almost seems unreal that she has perfect tiny little hands and
    that rosebud mouth... and the beautiful blonde fuzzy hair on that perfectly shaped little head!
    I hate to hear that anna is ill. she is where she needs to be. it can be serious.
    and as you say... she'll be nearer nora and that will do her heart good.
    enjoy your weekend darling bean! xo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt that blonde hair just so cute!! Her Dad had the same white hair when he was born...altho a bit heavier at 7lbs..12ozs!😳
      Anna is still being tested...and getting lots of time with NoraπŸ’›
      Had a nice time at the cottage...time for her winter nap...

      Delete
  5. Oh how precious wee baby Nora. You are in heaven holding her. Sending much love and prayers that momma and babe will be reunited at home soon. I just can't get over how every little newborn melts my heart. How I miss those tiny ones. Perhaps I will get some more great grandchildren in a few years.

    All the photo's of Miss V are so adorable... Wasn't it yesterday, you were holding her as a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wanda...every prayer helps!
      It sure does seem like yesterday...but she is 5 1/2 you know1! hahaha! She loves telling people how old she is...

      Delete
  6. Sweet photos all round Linda. Little Nora is so precious and tiny and totally adorable, and I am one of Miss V's biggest fans, such a doll. She will love little Nora to pieces. You must be so happy, but also anxious, about the mother and babe. Hugs and prayers to all.
    PS less than 2 weeks, I'll be flying over you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...happy and sad at the same time!! Which is pretty normal for me! hahaha!!
      Our temps are going to be dropping next week...perhaps some snow for you!!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful to see your beautiful grand-girls, Linda - both so precious and sweet. I'll be sending some positive thoughts and prayers that Mother and babe come home soon and that Miss V will get to hold her tiny cousin once and for all. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wht a time Nora's mum and she have had..Wish mummy well from your readers..Nora is the sweetest little bundle and I am sure Mis V will be like her big sister.She will be so nice to her..LOve her hair curled..must send you a link about cute girl styles on IG ..I sent it one of my daughter's friends for her daughter..

    What a lovely CHristmas ahead for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Anna has had a rough 10 days for sure!! At least she is near Nora...and can keep her eye on her...Miss V is dieing to meet her!!
      I think Miss V is getting ehr hair trimmed in a couple of weeks...she does not have "luxurious" hair, and can be a handful keeping it tidy!
      I am positive she will look fabulous...no matter what hairstyle...

      Delete
  9. Sending good, positive thoughts for Nora and her Mom. Enjoy your last sleepover at the cottage. We are flying out to BC this Tuesday, getting all packed up over the weekend. Excitimg times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda...have a fabulous trip...I know you will be at the beach out there!!

      Delete
  10. Sending positive thoughts for Nora and DIL. Very sweet photos, love the way Miss V. is so focused on the cute card for her cousin. Great photo of you and baby Nora. Take care and I look forward to a good family health report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Hester...I totally loved holding her, and talking to her πŸ’“
      Miss V loves to make cards...something I have always done with her...gosh, I am a great Nana! hahaha!!
      See you on Tuesday...

      Delete
  11. collecting such a lovely bag of pinecones and I felt bad Miss Vee was not able to deliver the card she made but won't it be a treasure to keep. Little Nora is beautiful, so tiny so fragile but obviously a fighter!!! Best Wishes to all, you look mighty fine holding that wee one, it suits yu well,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Laurie...We all felt bad, that she could not actually meet Nora...but she gave the card to her Aunt and Uncle...and 2 cupcakes she made!!

      Delete
  12. Miss V is such a doll. I love her teddy and her love of pinecones and crafts. I'm praying for little Nora and will now add Anna to the list. Hopefully they will both be home soon. I know Miss V is going to love having a little cousin to teach everything to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy...things are looking up...it can only get better,right?

      Delete
  13. Love seeing tiny little Nora . . .
    And Miss V . . . so sweet making a card for her new cousin!
    Hope she gets to see Nora soon . . .
    (Love the curls . . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynne...
      Hopefully things will get sorted out this week...fingers crossed!!

      Delete
  14. Such beautiful, beautiful grandgirls, Linda! You are blessed beyond measure. Miss V looks so grown up these days! I'm sorry she didn't get to visit little Nora; I know how disappointing that must have been for her. She was so sweet making her card for her cousin. Sending good health wishes to both mom and daughter. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tanna...we are hoping they will be home soon.....enjoy your week!

      Delete
  15. Sweet little Nora! She's getting there! Takes a lot to come into the world, let alone 5 weeks early! She'll get there. I do love the blonde hair and her delicate features. Little doll, she is! Hope both girls get to come home soon. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief then, I'm sure!

    We've had a few frosts but no snow really to speak of. Just a few flakes. The wind has carried all the leaves away. First Christmas party here is Saturday so I have incentive to decorate and bake. Tree is up and that is all! haha. Back to it.....

    Glad the boyfriend isn't putting you out to pasture just yet. hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy....no news yet of when they can go home...two weeks already!
      My tree is up...lights on....no ornaments! Hahaha!
      Must get motivated!

      Delete
  16. Miss V is such a beauty, Linda. I remember doing my girl's hair that way with a little ponytail on top. I love the candid pics you take of her when she is focused on cooking or crafting. So concentrating!

    Little Nora is such a doll. That blonde hair and sweet little nose. I hope Mom and baby go home soon. Ryan must be overwhelmed. You look like such comforting and strong lady holding this precious babe. I remember holding Abigail. Al held a baseball next to her head-they were the same size. Emily was just 5.2 lbs. Since she was my first, I thought it was totally normal. But again, I told you before, they were healthy, just small, as I was, and my siblings.

    Sending love across the miles. Very windy here, and cold.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tiniest! You look so lovely holding the wee one. I know everyone is healthy now but I bet it caused some worry.
    Getting caught up on your posts but I always feel caught up on IG. Can't always do both of them. Bit weak these days.
    My goodness Miss V is so tall! Beautiful girl and beautiful Nana. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....