Tuesday 29 January 2019

Kissin" Cousins...Christmas & Crochet......





Hello Everyone!!!

Long time, no see!!

I have been a very bad blogger...

So...

To make up for my absence...

Some sweet pics of my 2 beautiful Granddaughters!!!

After Christmas, we had Miss V for a few days...

After a cottage visit with her, we squeezed in a visit with her cousin Miss N...

They had a ball!!!

Miss N just can't get enough of her big cousin!!







At the cottage with Miss V...

No snow...lots of beach...

It sure looks different now!

All covered in icicles...

IF you follow me on Instagram, I posted pics there...

Having trouble with my photo editor Ribbet up on my Mac, which is where i do my blog posts...time to look for a better system!!

 


I did a lot of crochet for Christmas gifts...

I think I did 6 pairs of the fingerless gloves for my daughters...this is me modelling a pair...big fat sausage fingers! hahaha!!

I did 2 blankets...one for my DIL Anna...and one for my SIL Jeff...they seemed really pleased with them ❤️

Hats for the 2 wee gals...

And 2 pairs of fingerless gloves for Miss V...

She wore them all day! hahaha!!

A couple of cowls...

And a few washcloths...no pics of those...










My biggest new project, was this Unicorn pillow for Miss V...

The pattern was pretty simple for the pillow part...but I decided to add a face, and that is where the hard part started! I was stitching it on after I had stuffed the pillow...pretty silly of me!! Then...I decided to add a few curls...that's  when it really came to life...the pattern just had sleepy eyes...and the flowers...I think the crooked smile...and the curls...really gave it some personality!

Needless to say...Miss V was in love!!!!

Makes it all worthwhile...
 

                          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Hope you are all well...and enduring this bitterly cold week we are into...

We had not had any snow, until last Saturday...and it has been snowing ever since!! We are buried under 30cm or more of snow...gusty winds...and very very cold temps...today feels like -25c!!!!!

So...the good news is...we are all packed and ready to start our road trip first thing Wednesday morning...

Making our way to Seagrove Beach Fla....a new area...a new adventure...

SO...

We are all up to date...except that we had Miss V for a 2 night sleepover this past weekend...had a ball...baked...watched movies...shovelled... 
We will miss her and Miss N very much while away...but hopefully Spring will be knocking when we return...

I am going to try and post from Florida... 

But I will be on Instagram for sure...pop over there and find me!


        Stay toasty and warm...

              See you all soon...

                       Cheers!

                           linda ♥️

 

21 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos of your two adorable granddaughters! And I LOVE the unicorn pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra....they are pretty darn cute❣️

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Furry!
      I have been reading your posts, but my google identity comes and goes, so I cannot comment ๐Ÿ˜ค
      Glad to see you are coming along nicely...kudos to you and Mrs Furry....๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  3. Have a ball! Girls are adorb;) Uni so cute..love your tassel poms..Wow..I know I saw it but seeing it again on a bigger screen..♥my laptop makes a huge difference..the girls too..
    You make lovely grandparents.
    I can picture you there;)Have fun and bon voyage!
    And look into Amazon.com LOL my fave shopping venue there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look at your posts on my Mac....I need to see every little detail๐Ÿฅฐ
      I don’t think I have room to bring anything home๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      Packed tight...perhaps room for a wee gift for my wee gals๐Ÿ’™
      Thanks for your good wishes....kinda nervous this trip...๐Ÿ˜ฌ

      Delete
  4. I just love Miss N.'s little jeans!! And that unicorn pillow is the best! Hope you have a safe journey down south and your new spot it just as nice (or nicer) than your old one! You picked a perfect time to leave Ontario - soak up that sunshine and warmth! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much snow! Be glad to leave it behind....
      Thanks for the good wishes...nervous about the new place๐Ÿ˜ฌ

      Delete
  5. OOO MY...those girls are just precious and both sooo pretty.
    Love everything you crocheted....that pillow is a real show-stopper. Adorable
    Have fun on your trip.
    Now gotta go see if I can find you on IG...it's all new to me over there and I stay in a state of confusion....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much bj....love those girls, and love to crochet!
    You already follow me on IG!๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos .My goodness how fast those two granddaughters are growing . I do love your crochet so very cozy and pretty . It has been cold , hope you have a safe trip to Florida and the sun shines every day your there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure grow up fast Elaine...๐Ÿ’™
      Stay warm!
      Thanks for the good wishes.....

      Delete
  8. What joyful photos, Linda! So much love. And your granddaughters are both adorable!

    I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida. Soak up some extra sun and warmth for me. And have a wonderful birthday there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You devil you...beat me to the punch!๐ŸŽ‚birthday hugs to you๐ŸŽ‚

      Delete
  9. Wow Linda, you are off to Florida again. How the year has flown by! You are leaving at the right time, with all that snow going on. You really have crotcheted up a storm, and everything is beautiful. The winner has to be the cushion, what a sweet fun gift for Miss V. The girls will miss you so much. Have a good and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are right...frigid temps...and frigid til last nigh on our drive! In Alabama tonight...12c...quite balmy!๐Ÿ˜‚
      I was pleased with the pillow๐Ÿฆ„
      Thanks Patricia!

      Delete
  10. Linda, Hi! yours two girls are adorable and you miss V is georgeous like always, she is big!!
    Adorable.
    love yours pictures.
    Send you love and hugs!!!
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Gloria...Miss V is 6 1/2 already! Where does the time go?
      Hugs to you,❤️

      Delete
  11. I love Nora's jeans , what a cutie !

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a delight to come back to! beautiful pics always.
    I have been unable to connect with the internet for well over a week. they finally found the issue!
    those grand daughters can't possibly get any more adorable.
    hope your Florida adventure goes well! looking forward to your happy times there! and the FOOD! LOL. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy!
      Get yourself over to IG!
      We are here...it is incredible!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....