Wednesday 1 May 2019

A Wee Look Back At April....































Hello everyone!!!

What an April it has been...

Lots of crochet flowers...and butterflies...can't help myself!!!

Oh...and the Crowns...they were a big hit!!

Made one for Miss V...one for Miss N...one for my daughter Lissa...and one for my grandson due this month!!! 

Miss N is so hard to get a clear shot of!!! Busy as a little bee...chatting up a storm...and just LOVES playing with her bug cousin...

And....Miss V feels the same way about her!!! She will make a great big sister!!!

Easter was a different kind of meal...

As you know...we have many different food choices going on here! 

Celiac...vegetarian...Vegan...

So.....I made gluten free meat lasagna...and 2 pans of lazy cabbage rolls...which are also gluten free!!

I managed 2 desserts...both gluten free...the apple berry crisp was divine...and who can resist the key lime pie...

My daughters and DIL contributed to the meal...so everyone was happy!!

My daughter Lissa gifted me the sweet bird house and a Rae Dunn garden sign...

My daughter Erika brought me Gerbera Daisies and a lovely Hydrangea...

What a luck Mom I am...

I gave all the big girls a crochet washcloth and a lovely bar of face soap...

The wee gals got a basket of goodies...some clothes...and a Butterfly!!! Oh...and of course their Crowns! hahaha!!

Miss V had visited earlier in the week, and got busy baking up a delightful banana/blueberry loaf...and...she sure does love her Papa 💚

We had some tree work done at the cottage earlier in the week...and the ice is finally gone from the Lake...

I have so many more pics to share!!! I need to find more time for blogging...

Thanks to all of you who follow me over on Instagram...such a lovely bunch you all are...and I appreciate all your comments...really...💙

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So....May has arrived...bringing rain with it...and flooding to the Eastern part of this great country...my thoughts are with all the people in Ottawa and Quebec who are affected by Natures fury....

Lets hope May is kinder...and lets us spend some much needed garden time and leisure outside...

 Oh...that painted wooden board??? A recent thrifty buy for 50cents...
Worth every penny............😉


               See you all soon.....

                       Cheers!  :o)

                             linda ♥️

22 comments:

  1. LOL! love the rules board.
    I always. make that ALWAYS leave your blog HUNGRY.
    well. and after the drooling the trip outside (and in!) of flowers. and the birds! and the little squirrel in that round thing. and your adorable grand girls. oh my!
    blessings to you darling cc girl. can't wait for the new addition to the family. he can wear a crown too! I hear it's all ready for him! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAhaha...had to have the rules board!! I will find the perfect spot!
      The wee blue crown is for baby...💙
      Stay safe in those tornadoes!!!

      Delete
  2. Those crowns are wonderful! Grandson on the way??? I think I missed something. That's exciting! Will this be a brother for Miss V or Miss N? Your nature pictures are always so perfect - you made a starling look beautiful! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little brother for Miss V...and she couldn't be more excited!!

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to know someone who truly loves the simple things in life..as they are the greatest things in life to me too.

    Oh Linda..a darling 7 yr old girl died in the hospital this week.Her mean idiot parents had her bound in her room..Dad and his grilfriend..apparently for a long time..may people had alerted authorities..and she had not been to school for 2 weeks..beaten ..puffy she was rushed to the hospital and died there..I look at all our children and think..My God if you didn't want her anyone would have taken her and loved her.The photos have upset me and I wonder what the glitch was that did not make the authorities take this little angel away before it happened.
    She should have had a nana that made crowns..baked..

    Life is really unfair when you see this.
    Just seeing all the love of your girls here made me write all this.I hope if ever anyone sees something untoward..to be relentless and report report report.Relentless.
    Blessed..blessed blessed.

    So soon you'll have a wee boy:)
    Oh nothing better than a new bébé.Ja nd have tears at every birth on CTM:)

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Monique...so many horror stories on how some children are treated...truly sad...😢😢😢
      I cry on CTM too...last week was especially poignant...
      enjoy your day...think of your littles...don't be sad...

      Delete
    2. Okie dokie pokie..BTW..did you notice your beautiful crowns would make adorable bunting too?:)

      Delete
    3. hahaha!!! Always thinking! Not sure what to do with bunting...

      Delete
  4. Love your 50cent purchase! What wonderful, wonderful pictures from the month of April, Linda. You have a beautiful family and I always love coming here for a visit. I, too, hope May is kinder to all of us. Right now we are at 40 degrees.Just sad to have it this cold this long. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Diana...thanks for stopping by!!
      I hope May is a better month...enough of the cold and rain...hugs to you!!

      Delete
  5. What an Attractive April you have had Linda: Cardinals and daffodils, crowns and cooking. I want a key lime pie right now. Those little girls in their crowns are adorable, and what fun another baby soon to come. That birdie bird house is the business, and I will be trying to hunt down one of those on my next visit - coming up soon, later this year :)) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...come visit, and Ill make you one Patricia!!
      If you go to Homesense or Marshalls they will have them...but not later in the year!
      Get your daughter to pick you one up now!!Lissa always buys me such cute things!!
      Looking forward to the new addition...💙

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blooms, barns, butterflies, birds, beauties...did I forget anything? haha.

    That last photo just cracks me up, too! hahahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos!

    I grew up by the Great Lakes (Huron). I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one cute little fellow! And is that a green pebble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue!!!
      Nice to see you!!
      Green beach glass...and a piece of beach pottery...now you know!!!
      Hope you are well...

      Delete
    2. Now I know! I've wo> We can tick that box. I've seen worse days :D

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....