Thursday 28 September 2017

First Days Of Fall.....









The first day of Fall at the cottage, was like mid-July weather.

Absolutely gorgeous!!! 

The boyfriend and I swam every day!!

Just to get the grimy sweat off of us! hahaha!!

We truly hated to come home...

But we had a special visitor on Monday, and it was soooooooo
worth coming home forπŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’š





Papa got the pool heated up...and we all had a great day!!

When we were in the pool with Miss V, we let her take her floaties off, and she was doing really well with her dog paddle. She will be swimming in the deep end next year for sure!!





After her last swim, we had a treat of Butterscotch Ice Cream...and I did her hair in a French Braid...

Her Mommy and her stayed for dinner, we it was her Mommy's b'day the day before...I made Summer Pasta, as requested by Erika...it was delish!! 

We iced up a banana fruit loaf...added some sprinkles and candles... such fun!!




Hope you are all well...

The heat has finally broken here...it was a great run!!

More seasonable temps today...very refreshing indeed...

                                       ******************

On a sad note...my boyfriends brother passed away on Tuesday evening...

He had been ill for a long time...but still shocking nonetheless... 

He had been a widower for 15 years...and feel ill not long after his wife Maggie passed away from lung cancer. He and his son Michael, live on the next street from us, so we will miss Paul very much. We will wait and see what our nephew Michael will do with the house...a rather large one, with a pool. 
The funeral is in the morning...very short and sweet...just the way he wanted it. My son will be one of the Pall Bearers...a sad day for all the family.
My Brother-in-law was only 68 years young...♥️

                             RIP Paul...you will always be remembered...

                                          ******************


                       Until the next time...

                           Cheers!  :o)

                               linda ♥️



                                          ***************

18 comments:

  1. So you are hogging all the heat . . . lol
    It's very uninspiring weather here, almost as if it is in screensaver mode.
    My word Miss V is growing up fast . . . and looks as though she will be an able swimmer soon . . .
    Glad the cottage is so enjoyable and the season is lasting well for you . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . and I am very sorry for the loss of your brother in law . . . always a very sad time and you have my sincere condolences . . .

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos . WOW Miss V is growing like a weed . I am glad the fall freshness is finally here now as it gives me the chance to get the garden and yard clean up on the go with out sweating my a** off . I am sorry for your families loss , I like to think he and his wife have reunited in heaven and all is good . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you've enjoyed this heat! I'm glad it's over. How a little girl grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother in law. Sixty-eight is far too young. My mother and father both passed from lung cancer. I feel for you and I know you are lending a shoulder to your husband as he grieves the loss of his brother.

    Miss V, is delightful as always. She is a fish, for sure! Your photos from the cottage are always breathtaking. I feel that way when I sit on a beach or swim in Lake Michigan. Have you ever been?

    I'm home for a while...we had new seed, bushes, and plants redone in our front and backyard. It needs watering twice per day and we have not had much rain. Hubs is going to the lake to do some work this weekend, so the tables are turned. I warned him to NOT mess up my house! It really has become a haven for me. Life seems to be getting a bit better. I am making effort in trying to establish relationships. It may work or not, but at least I've tried and the blame can't be placed on me, as per usual. Still, I really just want us to be the happy family we were 3 years ago.

    In any event, cheers!!!

    Jane x

    Oh, Happy Birthday to Erika!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda. Wasn't our weather this past week something else! Not complaining, though. I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Sixty-eight is much too young. Well done on the French braiding. Did you used to do your daughters' hair like that when they were young? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The extra run of summer weather was wonderful, but I am glad to see more normal temperatures for the time of year. Sad news about BIL, too young for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad that your husband has lost his brother, 68 is far too young.
    Miss V is growing into a lovely young girl - well you would expect that wouldnt you? - she has always been so sweet.
    You have put me in the mood for ice cream - I will go and treat ourselves to one this very minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think he must have died of a broken heart.
    so now they can be together again. I want to think that anyway.
    this is a lovely post in spite of the awful sadness at the end.
    the cottage never looked more beautiful with the happy memories of another summer.
    a shelter of love for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother-in-law, at such a relatively young age. It always comes as a shock. Miss V is a clever one, almost swimming unaided. Next Summer she will be doing laps! Love the ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how very sad for all of you. I send my condolences to you and the family. You shared some lovely views of your time at the lake and with Miss V. She is learning new things all the time. So sweet to spend the time with her and have a birthday with your precious daughter. This season always reminds us of how quickly time goes by. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss V for sure . . . will be swimming in the deep end soon . . .
    Loved the French braid with curl at the end . . .
    Thinking of you and your recent brother in law loss . . .
    Fifteen years of illness . . . at rest now, in peace . . .
    Happy October days Linda . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss, dear Linda and BF. Never easy, especially at such a young age. Glad you had such lovely pool time with little Miss V. and her papa. And a birthday dinner with Miss V. and her Mom. Have a nice rest of the weekend and take care...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ****Thanks everyone....much appreciated***

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry for your loss, Linda. That is too young, for sure. My condolences to all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only just reading this Linda, so very sorry to hear such sad news about your brother in law. My thoughts are with you, hugs and love to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to see Miss V enjoying the water. I always loved it as a kid. Still do but haven't been swimming in ages.
    My sincere condolences for the loss of your brother-in-law. So very sad. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been catching up on your posts this morning. Although a bit late now, I'm sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's passing. Far too young.
    Miss V must have loved swimming in the pool so late in the season! Good for her in her swimming.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....