Monday 8 April 2019

Spring Has Sprung!!










We have been having topsy-turvy weather here in Southern Ontario...

Miss Spring is trying her hardest to appear...but... 

Mr Winter keeps getting in her way!! 

Needless to say...lots of time spent inside!!!

What do you think of these crocheted Pansies that I made??

Pretty cute,eh??   Very fiddly pattern...but I persevered!!!

 


Miss V had a sleepover with us...and I put her to work on a few crafts...

(Looks like she is wearing her painting shirt!!!)

This wee birdhouse will be a bday gift for her Auntie Lissa...πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ

It turned out spectacular...will show you in another post!!

We spent Earth Hour with Miss V...and woke to this dump of snow!!!!!

 



Needless to say...the Birds were just as surprised as we were!!!

 


The cottage is still looking like The Arctic!!!!

Not sure why there is still so much Lake Ice... odd for this time of year...

Will be awhile before our first sleepover! hahaha!!!

 


At least the Daffodils heard it was Spring...(Don't look at all the leaves...raking!!!)

 




Hope you are all well...and enjoying Spring Like temps where you live...

My boyfriend has gone to the cottage this am, to meet up with Andrew, to re-install our TV antennae, which blew down this winter!!!
Lake Erie had extremely high winds in February...100kms/hr!!!!
The Maple tree that was to be cut down, is still standing...the guy never showed up end of November to cut it down...can't get good help these days,eh!!!
Not sure if we will leave it for another Summer...I don't really want them in there clomping on all my spring plants with their big feet!!!! Sometimes I am amazed at how some people treat gardens...just clomping in and around...one of my very BIG pet peeves!!!! We had a new fence here at home last Fall...and the guys were terrible with my plants...I will wait and see what does or doesn't come up!!! How can people in the landscape business be so uncaring when it comes to peoples gardens????????
Ok...rant over...hahaha!!

                                       ****************

I will leave you with a pic of what is on my kitchen table right now....
Still trying to sort out an Easter crochet for my 2 wee gals...
Started a Star shaped pillow...scrapped that after the points didn't line up! 


                Taking it easy today...windy...rainy...damp...dark...

                    How about Meat Loaf and Mashed Taters for dinner!!!

              

                           See you soon...

                                  Cheers! :o)

                                       linda ♥️ 


 

37 comments:

  1. Your tulips have a beautiful ethereal quality to them. Sorry Spring has not sprung for you just yet, but I do know that when it does it will happen with an explosion - well almost. I don't suppose my brother will be very happy either having returned from Florida at the end of March thinking that Spring would have arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary...
      Weather is crazy here...fingers crossed it perks up!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics of the birds and flowers, so beautiful!! I cannot stand it when people stomp all over my gardens when I hire them to come do work at my house. Clearly I'm a gardener and these are GARDENS not concrete!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie...thanks so much for visiting!
      Oh I hate those garden clompers! Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Another batch of lovely photos, Linda. Your camera must be smiling, you are giving it a real treat.
    The cottage looks most uninviting at the moment so I shall remain in hibernation . . . brrr!
    Have a good week, Cheers, Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie...,
      Yes indeed...the cottage needs a good week of warm temps...unfortunately more cold weather in our forecast 😳
      You have yourself a good week....

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Spring at your place. Love the birds. We have a nest hidden out of our upstairs window, and I caught a glimpse of the baby birds. Had to post about it. Miss V painting the birdhouse...how cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds make me smile! Baby birds are not very cute!😳
      She loves doing craftsπŸ’œ

      Delete
  5. a fresh and lovely post. love the birdie pics. you're a past master at photography.
    must be another natural talent you have! seriously. great!
    hang tough cc girl! the enchanted cottage awaits! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m ready Tammy...hopefully not far off...hope you are well...πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. Always a treat to see some of your milk glass, Linda. Re the garden damage, same thing happens here also. When we had the big tree lopped, despite promises to takecare, they broke some mature undergrowth, didn't seem to care where they stepped or dropped branches. What a mess! The cardinals are so sweet, looking for Spring, but what a big dump of snow you had. Where are the April Showers? Can't wait to see Miss V's finished birdhouse. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia...oh I do love my milk glass....and I use it!
      Why do people not respect the gardens? They are living things! Treat them with respect! Ok....I’m done!
      Will post birdhouse after my daughter’s bday....my eldest will be 45!😳. Where has the time gone?
      Enjoy your week.....

      Delete
    2. Ha, my eldest turned 45 a few weeks ago. Where indeed did that time go???

      Delete
    3. 🀷🏼‍♀️....I steel feel young!hahaha!

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful pictures, Linda, especially the cardinal ones! Can't wait for Spring. I know we often have snow in April, but for some reason it's a little harder to take this year. That's annoying that you didn't get someone to cut down your tree at the right time. I would be hesitant to have someone messing up a garden just coming up, as well. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been especially long this year eh Jenn? And so much snow!
      Rethinking it for the Fall.....😬

      Delete
  8. beautiful photos...
    have a nice spring

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my look at that snow! Beautiful! haha. But it's time to be done, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right Betsy! Quebec got clobbered yesterday!

      Delete
  10. The spring flowers are beautiful, the snow and ice, not so much lol, same situation here, snow ice blah blah, I’m tired of winter, I really like your crotchet pansies, that’s something new to me! Your grand daughter is so pretty,
    I just adore her hair cut, your photos are amazing, the birds are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we’re all tired of winter Laurie...
      I like the crochet Pansies too...they were a challenge for me...
      My granddaughter is beautiful...as are yoursπŸ’™

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda, I hopped over to you from Furry Gnome. Love all those pics, specially the snow.Where we live, or have lived, have had snow on our front lawn ONCE, in 2011. The next morning a few more flakes, but it was so magical.We had to drive 2 plus hours to meet our Japanese host daughter who was coming on holiday ( 5 days) and driving through falling snow was a different experience altogether. Your bird close up is wonderful. Greetings from Jean in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you visit again!

      Delete
  12. Today we had a proper spring day....warm and sunny enough to have the back door open for a few hours! Hope maybe you had a little of it, too! I'm always so leery of totally embracing spring this early for fear of another snow dump or ice! haha. But it will be here soon enough and even this winter girl is looking forward to it!

    Lovely little pansies! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Betsy...
      No snow here anymore....rain today...enjoy your evening!
      They’re cute,eh?😊

      Delete
  13. Hey Linda..your pictures are sensational..I 'm looking at that sweet little robin and wishing that he would fly over to my house( ha Ha) Our snow is starting to melt but we have no greenery in sight...Your little crocheted pansies are such a sweet reminder of what we might see if Spring ever arrives here. How nice to have you grand-daughter for a wee visit. Wishing you a Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Zaa...Happy Easter to you as well!!

      Delete
  14. I hope your snow has blown away, Linda, it's been a crazy year everywhere. Beautiful photos, as always, and so nice to have little Miss V over for a craft session. She is getting so big - time flies so fast. Love your crocheted pansies and your pretty collection of milk glass dressed for spring. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow all gone...now rain!! Cottage ice had blown out..now has blown back in!
      Happy Easter to you and your lovely family....

      Delete
  15. Holy Moly!! Where ..how..when did I miss this..HAPPY SPRING!! Want..the boots..lol and a new pair of wellies I saw today..but no.I have plenty.
    Clouding over,rain perhaps tomorrow..sad for the floods..but I know gardens need the rain.A lot of clean up has been done..my Fitbit is back in action.Love ALL your crochet..blooms..birds..milk glass and the petite artiste♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!! Gotcha!
      Yes...the gardens need the rain...and yours will be beautiful!!
      Bravo on your fitbit!!!!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....