Thursday 12 October 2017

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸThanksgiving Part 2.....๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ




Continuing along from the previous post...

The skies were threatening...and the winds were high...

Sun came and went often...

I got the sunporch ready, in case of rain...

But we sure lucked out!!

This small table and chairs came inside for dinner, as the big table only holds 6 comfortably!!

Miss V...Aunt Anna and I shared the small table... 
Nice and cosy!!



Miss V and her Papa enjoyed the beach, and she found some nice pieces to save...

She and her Mommy enjoyed the hammock...

Look how green everything still is...leaves have not turned colour yet... 

My daughter and SIL enjoying a joke with my son...


Inside getting everything ready for dinner...see our small table? ♥️

My beautiful daughter made a veg gluten free lasagna...

I made a gluten free with meat... Ceasar salad...

Son and DIL brought chips and guacamole...

Lovely bread came with my other beautiful daughter...which we kept on the small table...(it did have gluten!!!)


Auntie Anna...(mother-to-be) and Miss V at our table! hahaha!!










I also made a gluten free fruit crisp...

Raspberries
Strawberries
Blueberries
Blackberries 

D E L I S H!!!

Topped off with Chapman's Gluten Free Ice cream!!








After dinner...

The joint got jumpin'...

My girls all dancing to the great music my son brought for the occasion!!

Miss V and I noticed the sunset...

So we grabbed my camera and headed outside...

This is a shot of the driveway, as we stepped out onto the kitchen porch...


When we reached the beach deck, it was truly a beautiful end to a great family day...

Just look at that sunset over the Lake...



Miss V grabbed her Uncle Ryan and pulled him down to see it!!



My daughter brought me this cute "bling" pumpkin and a lovely Cyclamen...♥️

The flower lady brought Roses,gorgeous!

My Boston Ferns, that I bought in June, are still looking so fresh!!
I take them down every week, so they don't get blown to smithereens!


After a good nights sleep...this is what greeted us on Monday morning...

We got busy and packed up for home...

Another fabulous memorable weekend at our precious cottage....
 

I will see you on Friday....you silly laughing pig! hahaha!!
 

Hope you are well...and enjoying this weather...well, not today...but coming up!!

Supposed to be another warm one...can't wait to get back down there!!

Need to get out and grab a few groceries...and perhaps a stop at WINNERS to look at some new sweaters!

Enjoy your day and your weekend...

Thanks for all your lovely comments...much appreciated...

See you all soon...

                  Cheers!  :o)

                       linda ♥️

 


38 comments:

  1. I love that black and white photo with only the orange pumpkin as its spot of colour! Very neat effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, what a super set of photos and that one of the sunset is one to die for. It would look quite at home in any classy glossy magazine. Great that you had such a memorable and enjoyable tome with the family. Miss V is growing up so fast and your daughter indeed is lovely. Must take after her mother . . :)

    Feeling a little down because life in BlogLand seems very flat these days but this post was a nice little pick up.

    Busy with the grands, Peter and Rosa.


    Cheers, Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie....
      Don't be sad....get your arse over to IG! Lots going on over there!
      Glad you enjoyed my photos....and, yes, my daughters are beautiful!
      Hugs to Peter & Rosa....

      Delete
    2. No worries, I shall get my arse in gear one of these days . . . ROFL

      Delete
    3. Ooh you are strong!!!! Well if your's is there. I suppose I'd better. . . haha

      Delete
    4. Linda, did Eddie say he would get his "arse in gear"?

      Delete
    5. hahaha! err yes!! in a moment of weakness . . . . hahaha

      Delete
  3. Everything IS still so green..I am chopping down GREEN..and pulling up dahlias etc..our leaves are turning but certainly not peak!
    You ahve a BEAUTIFUL family Linda..mommy to be..how resplendent!!
    Can't wait to meet bรฉbรฉ..Miss V will be in 7th heaven playing dolly with her.

    I took down my 2 ferns to let them go when we left..put them under a tree..still thriving..

    had to pull out tomatoes..everything..have to plant garlic and tulips..October is so FREAKING busy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wait til everything is looking very sad before I pull it out! Guess I'm just lazy that way!
      When do I plant my beautiful garlic you sent me? Do I split it open before planting?
      I am such a nerd....hope mine grows as beautifully as yours.
      Thanks for the kind words about the family๐Ÿ’•
      Enjoy your evening....

      Delete
  4. Soon there will be a “kids table”. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. precious indeed.
    I always love seeing your family get-togethers.
    especially at that enchanted cottage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Tammy...thanks so much...love hearing from you...hugs!!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful family Thanksgiving day at the cottage, Linda. Thank you for sharing it, I loved it all from the lasagne to the crisp, and everything in between. The sunset is perfection, the end of a perfect day. Lovely cyclamens, and I believe I need a glitter pumpkin in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Patricia...everyone needs a glitter pumpkin! hahaha!

      Delete
  7. Sounds/looks like a perfectly wonderful family Thanksgiving . . .
    I LOVED the dancing . . .
    And the gluten four berry fruit crisp sounded yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAd a really nice day Lynne....thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I always enjoy your photos, Linda. There is so much love and joy in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww....gee....thanks Martha! ๐Ÿ’‹

      Delete
  9. Such great family love and togetherness in these photos! Besides your wonderful family, I really love that laughing pig. Enjoy the weekend, supposed to be warm, windy and a little wet. Let's hope for less wet! ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got LOTS of wind...very little sun...but it was warm!
      Today is crazy with the winds here at home...
      Enjoy your week Hester......

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful, wonderful family retreat there. I loved all the pictures of your family playing and eating together. The food looks wonderful and I can tell that everyone is having a good time.
    Blessings-I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Linda, what a fabulous Thanksgiving with family. Love all your black and color combination photos. How clever and how unique. You have a beautiful family and the way you celebrate and share the love is so evident in your pictures. I'm drooling over your dinner.

    Sending love and hug and thanks for a few ideas for our Thanksgiving coming up next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it doesn't always have to be turkey,eh Wanda?
      I have vegheads and gluten problems to deal with...we always manage...Turkey for Christmas for sure!!!

      Delete
  12. Such nice photos of your family. Just lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda! I enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving festivities at the cottage. You and your family are making some wonderful memories there. The meal sounds delightful and so relaxed. Glad it was good weather for you. Have a super week! xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam....
      It has been great weather this week....high temps!

      Delete
  14. Such a wonderful Thanksgiving event. And such great weather you had. Love all the photos and the story they tell of family, togetherness and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne....very kind words ๐Ÿ’“

      Delete
  15. Hello Linda! Raspberries (yum!), Strawberries (yum-yum!), Blueberries (yum to the power of yum!), Blackberries (double-yum!) You sure all had a wonderful time. Hope you're doing fine.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Blue...
      Doing just fine....how about you? Thanks for stopping by....

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....