Wednesday 3 June 2020

A Few Good Things That Happened In May....💙


























Hello everyone...

Another month has come and gone...
At least this one had some lovely moments for us...
My Grandson was 1 year old...🎉🎈🎉
Boyfriend and I visited ...socially distancing in their back yard...
he looked as cute as a button...💙...that hat!!! A real Peaky Blinders!!!

His Mom got him a "cupcake" cake...it was delish!!
I took Miss V some sidewalk chalk, and she got busy right away...

I had brought some beach glass from the cottage awhile ago, as I wanted to try my hand at making cards...
I have made 5 so far...and I am quite thrilled...they need a shadow box frame for display...perhaps in the near future, I can get some...
I also got 2 birds crocheted...
The Blue one for Miss V...and the yellow one for Miss N ...fiddly, but worth the work...
I made my grandson a blanket {what else is new} for his birthday...
And a cute card...
The crocheted dishcloths were for my daughter for Mothers Day...
I am nearly finished another blanket...which I will show you soon... 

I put out some oranges here at home...first time...as I was missing the Orioles down at the cottage... I was so happy when a few arrived!!!
Only for 3-4 days...but a welcome distraction...🍊

The cottage is coming along slowly...
Last Saturday...my son...SIL and one of my daughters came out... 
it was a miracle!!! they got everything done...👏💪🙏

I have pictures to share...but it will have to wait for another post... 

I still won't be staying over, as I am more comfy here at home...for the time being...

This world is certainly in bad shape these past few months...
And now the riots and looting in the US... 
I understand and sympathize...but this is too much...
I just wish they would go home...I am scared of another wave of COvid 19 for their country....😢

I hope all of my readers are well...safe...and at home for the most part...
We...here in Ontario Canada...must wait til the end of June, to see if we are able to meet in groups of more than 5...Its gonna be a long wait...
Hopefully for Canada Day...my family can come to the cottage for the day...
Social Distance...but get to have a few laughs...and make memories... 

           Because we can sure use some good memories of 2020....



          Take care...

               see you soon...

                   linda 💛

 

21 comments:

  1. You sound as if you are coping with this dark moment in our history really well Linda, and what a lovely smile your grandson has, he obviously enjoyed his first birthday.
    The news from the States is very distressing, and I, like you, worry that they will bring another wave of Covid-19 upon themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really Rosemary...but trying to be positive...😉
      Thanks for stopping by...I hope you and yours are safe...💛

      Delete
  2. Hope you get out to the cottage lots this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Furry...
      Thanks!!! Hopefully...but for the time being, I am more comfy at home...😊
      Hope you are well....

      Delete
  3. Oh such a lovely post, and wonderful pictures. What a doll your grandson is! Those eyes, melt my heart. And Miss V...she's such a pretty young gal. So grown up now. I love your bird pictures with the oranges. Just lovely. And your cards beautiful. Linda, I miss you. I hate all that is going on in our country...it's just evil. Hopefully, someday good will overpower the bad. My prayer. Love and Hugs. PS as usual I'm drooling over your yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wanda...doesnt seem fair does it?? Who knew...Who thought we would be wearing masks to go to the store...very scary to me...and my grandchildrens futures...
      Hoe you and Don are well...and thanks for being such a loyal caring follower...💙

      Delete
  4. Linda, it is a joy to read through your post - twice! Kingsley is having the best fun on his birthday, with his big smile. Bet he loved that cake. Your crafts are all gorgeous, particularly the cards with the sea glass, a terrific idea. Lovely little birds for the girls too. I worry about Ontario, so close to New York State, and the horrors going on south of the border. The events in the states are all over our news here in Australia. As you say, we sympathize but at this time with a covid pandemic, it is going to all get worse. Australia is loosening restrictions very quickly, and I wish they would slow down! Be safe Canadians :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia...yes, the world is in chaos...what will become of everything?
      You stay safe...and my wishes to your family to be safe too...
      Take care dear...💜
      Keep on sewing!!

      Delete
  5. That Baltimore oriole sure is enjoying that orange treat! And Kingsley is becoming quite the little man! Cute birthday cake too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Debra...hugs to you...😊

      Delete
  6. such beautiful pictures! I've enjoyed them all over again.
    love your Instagram!
    and yes. I'm with you. it's like the world is coming apart at the seams.
    we have some very deep wounds to FIX once and for all. and the covid thing as well.
    the cities where I am have reopened. one can only hope it won't backfire and cause even more suffering.
    stay well darling bean. love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are moving soon??? Will your handsome brother be helping you??
      My grandkids and kids are my lifeline...love them all dearly...
      You take care of yourself...crazy Trump!!!
      love you too..💗

      Delete
  7. Oh, your grandson is adorable! Happy birthday to him. Let's hope for the best. There's so much chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Martha...gosh we go a way back, eh??? I don't seem to get around to the blogs like I used to...I must make an effort to do that...
      Hope you...hubby and your girls are safe and well...💖

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much Laurie...I am so happy for you...being able to see again...wonderful!!!
    Im hanging in...feeling sorry for myself...don't like to be wasting all this time not being with my family 😢...hopefully things will turn around soon...
    Stay safe...your blog posts are wonderful....💛

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did Imiss this post? Kingsley looks like he will be a heart breaker. We'll see how Phase 2 goes for our area, are you in that phase yet? or lumped in with the Toronto crowd? Your cards are lovely, real keepsakes. I'm using some seagrass to make a lighthouse on a piece of wood. The things that keep us busy eh! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are not included in the phase 2...but at least we got got our circle of 10!!!💛

      Delete
  10. Wonderful photos, Linda and especially those sweet, precious grands. One year birthdays are always so special and bittersweet. Those baby days go by so fast. Love all your crochet and those sea-glass cards are wonderful! We are just starting to open up a little here in Washington state, but we are staying home as much as possible and being cautious.
    We sure have a terrible legacy to clean up here in the U.S....I'm voting for big changes. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen...thanks for stopping by...stay safe and healthy...
      Hopefully Trump will be ousted...he scares me!!

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda - in response to your question re: trying to find a new post. When you go into posts you will see an orange circle with a plus sign in the middle on the bottom righthand corner. Press that and a new post will come up. Hope that helps you💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I missed this beautiful post♥
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    It has everything I love.
    Grandchildren..children..crochet..food..flowers and fauna♥

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....