Tuesday 16 May 2017

Birds & Blooms & Other Cottage Stuff....


Add captionLate day sun...

Add captionFerns...

Hostas...Add caption

Add captionSpring amongst the rock garden...

Lunaria blooming on the beach...Add caption

Add captionAjuga beside the beach deck...

Add captionA beautiful promise of a bloom...

Add captionLots of White Crowned Sparrows...

Add captionMrs cardinal...
Add captionMr Oriole...

Add captionChippy...

Add captionMr and Mrs Morgenser...

Add captionBaskets all spruced up...ready for some pretties...

Add captionBeautiful Sunsets...

Add captionEvening Fire...

Hoping you are all well...and that those of you who are Mothers, had a great day with your families...or...long distance is wonderful too ♥️

Still lots of Spring flowers to come down at the cottage...hope to see many more Tulips this week...a few were unfamiliar to me...perhaps they decided to grace me with their beautiful faces!!

Weather is still kinda topsy turvy here...hot and sunny one day...rainy the next...{like today}...and the wind has been annoying...oh well...Spring is fickle!!

We are heading back to the cottage Wednesday morning...supposed to be a nice week...

It is our first long weekend of the season...celebrating the Queens bday...

Kids are coming down on Saturday...and I will have prepared veggie and reg chili...fingers crossed the rain expected holds off until the night!!

I am pleased to say that I made it to fitness this am...it was nice to see the gals and have a chitchat... I really should go EVERY Tuesday...no excuses!!

Having Spaghetti and Ceasar Salad tonight...an easy night for the cook!!
I have been taking a lot of pics of my meals, and I really should get a post done....geesh...sure are a lot of things that I should do!!! 😉😳😁


Hope you have a great week...

           No internet at the cottage...but I do get the emails of your comments on my phone...always greatly appreciated!!!

           See you all soon....

                      Cheers! :o)

                          linda ♥️



34 comments:

  1. Doesn't spring just take your breath away?! I love seeing all the fresh life of old favorites return... familiar yet new. LOVE that. Oh, I know those baskets are going to be overflowing with beauty soon. ENJOY your cottage stay, Linda!! I'll be looking forward to the photos you take! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanna....hope to get some great pics! Enjoy your week...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful garden which must be a real pleasure to attend . . . Lovely photos, Linda.
    Another season begins at the cottage . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie...
      Yes....yet another gardening season...lets hope it's a good one!

      Delete
  3. and I just love that fire guard . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know....you have mentioned that before! It is very cool isn't it?

      Delete
  4. I scrolled down, went back up and scrolled down again.
    Nice post . . . very nice gardens . . .
    I love ferns . . . looks like you have some too.
    Love the dimension and stature they can bring to the rest of the plantings.
    Several of ours were bit by the frost . . ,
    The weather has done a number around our yard.
    I might have to supplement with more annuals to make up for what has been lost.
    Mr and Mrs Oriole have been visiting us too.
    Spring is fickle indeed . . .
    I wonder who turned up the wind . . .
    It has been a bit vicious of late.
    New shoes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne...
      Nope...all old shoes....think I need a new pair! Hahaha!
      Won't be as hot down on Lake Erie...should be a beautiful bunch of days....
      Enjoy the rest if your week...

      Delete
  5. Nice selection of pictures! I love all your ferns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Furry....
      Thanks! I love the ferns too...

      Delete
  6. Our weather has been all over the place too. It was a torrential downpour last night. Today is beautiful and sunny.

    I think I want to have spaghetti and Caesar salad now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful birds and blooms and sunsets to savor! Love the Oriole and the chubby-cheeked chipmunk - so cute. Love all your baskets waiting, too! Hope you get some warm sunshine for your long weekend with the family. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mixed bag of weather...all in all...it was warm and sunny!

      Delete
  8. So many photos of beautiful things.
    Love the fern greenery... so vibrant.
    Little birdies and sweet chippy add to the beauty.
    Yum to spaghetti and Caesar salad. One of my favourite salads... good ol' Caesar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the cottage, looks like nice weather, those baskets will be pretty when filled

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have oriole envy! Do you have a specific feeder for them, or do they just come around for the flowers? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put orange slices for the Orioles...hang them around the garden....they love them!

      Delete
  11. I ADORE this time of yr and like you revel in the fresh Spring green and new blooms..heaven really Spring is what heaven must be like..lots of work..but so worth it..

    our week w/ the boys is going sooo well..what fun..and the neighbourhood kids gater..I adore kids..much more than adults now..I am so interested in everything they say..bless their hearts.♥ And lives..:)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...agreed... So fresh and vibrant....
      How lucky you are! You must have some great pics... Gonna share?

      Delete
  12. I can't wait to see all those baskets full of blooms!

    That chipmunk steals the show with those cheeks! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hopefully get them planted next visit! Yes....Chippy is cute!

      Delete
  13. Spring is fickle
    Won't cost a nickel :)

    I used to have a cat named Chippy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue...
      A cat named Chippy? Cool....

      Delete
  14. I love your header photo Linda. Such a delicate pink shade. You have so many pretty plants in your cottage gardens. It looks wonderful there and I'm sure you will enjoy many lovely weekends there over the next few months. The painted baskets are so pretty! Just my colours. :-) Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great long weekend Pam....thanks for the kind words...

      Delete
  15. That's quite the fire grate you have there. Looks like a race through the flames of hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That about sums it up Debra....hahaha!

      Delete
  16. Hope you enjoyed your family at the cottage yesterday. Luckily, it was better weather than today! I did a little grandkids support while my daughter and SIL are in San Fran for their 20th anniversary. Wow, time does fly! Your photos are always so lovely and glad that you're still into feet photos, ha, ha. And it was nice to have you back at fitness and coffe time with the ladies last week. Happy Victoria Day weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home today...it was an interesting 4 1/2 days! E poverty weather combo you could think of!
      Kids out yesterday...found warm sunny spots to sit....
      Nice of you yo mind the Kurds...while the big kids get away...
      See you Tuesday!

      Delete
    2. The kids....mind THE KIDS... Geesh!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....