Thursday 26 October 2017

Unicorns...Butterflies...Bees & Flowers...Oh My!!!










 Continuing along with our cottage stay last weekend...

Friday was very blustery and very high waves...

But...as always...we manage to find a sheltered spot to relax, and enjoy the day.

I even got a cotton dishcloth made, while soaking up some late Fall sunshine and warmth.


 We had stopped on the way to the cottage, to drop off some donations to one of our favorite thrift shops...I was fortunate enough, to grab this Milk Glass tray for the crazy price of $1!!!! I think it looks perfect with a few pieces of my other Milk Glass resting on it!!!  Thanksgiving Roses are still hanging in there!!!

Now...just for you...

Enjoy a few blooms still going strong...

The Bees 🐝 and the Monarchs and Orange Sulphur Butterlies 😊 are very happy indeed!!!


Can you see the Bee inside this Geranium???













The Native Milkweed is starting to do it's "thing"....

Spreading it's beautiful fluffy seeds for next years crop...

I love the Milkweed...

Food for so many sweet things... 

Monarchs...

Hummingbirds...

Fantastic!!







Again my Blue Morning Glories made me smile...

So sad they only bloom for me in the late Fall...

It has been considerably colder this week, so I don't think any beautiful Blue faces will greet me on Friday...:o(


You can see the Bees loved them too...and...of course...a few Ants! 

And just look at those Monarchs!!











One of the tiny Oak tress that the squirrels planted for us, is turning a gorgeous Red!!

As you can see...everything else is still green! 

except for Mr Blue Jay!







Saturday turned into a gorgeous day...

My son and SIL helped my boyfriend put up the winter shutters on the sunporch...

And...as I said before...me and my daughters sat around looking glamorous! 

Once Miss V arrived...things got into high gear!!







She ran right to her old Nana to give me a big hug and a kiss...♥️


She also wanted to hug her Uncle Ryan...

And of course Papa...Uncle Jeff and Auntie Lissa πŸ’•

Mother-to-be Auntie Anna stayed home this day...

Only 2 months 'til we meet our newest Granddaughter !











Oh yes...

And now for the Unicorn part...

No Unicorn emoji on my big computer...:o(


Check out these Unicorn Vans...

Her Mommy spoils her!!

And her Unicorn sweatshirt!

Guess what she is going to be for Halloween???

3 guesses...

Hahaha!!

 

She brought me tons of small shells and some beach glass that she found...

We put it all into a cute little jar...to keep...forever ♥️

                                          ************

Hope you are all well...looks like rain moving in for Saturday...so perhaps just one night at the cottage...we will get some more work done, to prepare the cottage for the Winter....never a happy time for me...but it must be done.

So that's me up to the minute...

thanks for all your lovely comments...

See you soon...

                        Cheers!  :o)

                               linda  ♥️

 

33 comments:

  1. What an interesting collection of photos. Love the colour and quality and thos bees are so busy. Little Miss V never ceases to amaze and looks as though she is having a big growth spurt. I can tell you are so proud of her . . :)

    Looks a bit choppy in the lake . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie...
      She is tall...but still a wee girl at heartπŸ’“
      Extremely proud....

      Delete
  2. *gasp* I want those shoes for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are VANS...probably find them online...

      Delete
  3. Linda- What a perfect, perfect Fall day--with family close by and surrounded by the love of a sweet grandgirl. Does it get any better than that? I loved all your pictures. My mother used to make little birds out of the milkweed pods with toothpicks for legs.

    I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Diana...family is first!
      I'll bet those little birds were cute!
      Happy weekend to you...

      Delete
  4. Can't believe how grown up Vivian looks all of a sudden! She had a growth spurt! Adorable!
    Love the milk glass! I had that cake plate for many years. I'm wondering now if I still have it.
    I'm sure I do....somewhere! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh delightful, delightful, delightful. Would you be interested in adopting me?? I love your pictures and wish I could just jump into the computer and be there.
    Miss V....I'm so amazed how she grows every time I visit you. And those unicorn shoes...adorable!!!! We are leaving in the morning for a little time in Tahoe. Weather reports..COLD..I'm ready, we had high 90's today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear...have a lovely trip!

      Delete
  6. Little Miss V is certainly growing up, and as cute as ever. Those shoes are totally adorable, and she will make a sweet unicorn on Halloween. Your milk glass tray is amazing: I have never seen one like that, and really, I check out the milk glass wherever I go :) Happy Halloween Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen one either! Very happy with it!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, Miss V is just too cute, and I am a firm believer in unicorns, too! Looks like a perfect weekend to enjoy the cottage. Love all the flowers, the birds and the bees......and speaking of that, how excited are you for a new little grand-baby!!!! What a great 'find' for your milk-glass collection, too. Hope your weather holds out for this weekend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen....
      Yes...very excited about the new baby...and so is Miss V! Her cousin!
      Raining today...home now...

      Delete
  8. You'll have to show us a picture of V in her unicorn costume! You still have so many beautiful flowers. Do you cut things back in the fall, or just let them be? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will!
      I do both Jenn...time permitting!

      Delete
  9. Some great pictures of the bees and butterflies and such Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a doll..love her shoes..what a cutie patootie..growing so fast..and those legs:) Beauty.
    Glad you had fun..even made a dishcloth:) Pretty pretty blooms..
    Bon Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bees, flowers, butterflies and of course, Mr. blue jay. Nice that you had family visitors and I agree with your other blog friends about Miss V. suddenly looking so grown up, wow. Love her unicorn shoes, my little New Yorkers just got pink Docs. Aren't we lucky? Enjoy the weekend and take care...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Docs? How cool is that?
      We are very lucky....

      Delete
  12. she will be the cutest little unicorn ever!
    I love that you feed the bees and the ants and the butterflies!
    have a wonderful weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure will Tammy....πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

      Delete
  13. Another sweet post filled with beautiful things. I love the Morning Glory, too. I must plant more next year. Miss V is sure growing up fast. My little grandittle would love those shoes as she, too, is unicorn-obsessed. She's going to be one on Halloween, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue morning glories are so pretty and I love the bees burrowing everywhere. And such vibrant butterflies.
    I WANT THOSE SHOES! Unicorn shoes. Oh my!!!
    Miss V is growing fast. What a beautiful girl.
    Hope you have a great weekend. ❦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO GET THOSE SHOES! At the Vans store....take lots of $$$$$$!

      Delete
  15. I am in love with all your beautiful flowers. None at all here. I am thinking of getting some mums to add color to my yard. Miss V looks all grown up. She is so big. I know you are excited for the coming new little grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you get perennial Mums Kathy...
      Hope you are well...

      Delete
  16. http://is5.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple122/v4/fe/20/d3/fe20d3ed-6c0d-78e8-9a3a-be094e516e21/source/175x175bb.jpg

    Here is your Unicorn Emoji :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Candice!πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous eye-candy! Your flowers are all so beautiful and you capture their beauty so well, Linda. One of my favorite things is sitting in the Fall sunshine and knitting or reading! Your little unicorn is growing up so fast, as is ours. Excited for your newest one on the way! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love collecting beach finds! Such a special unicorn girl ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....