Monday 18 February 2013

A Few More Flowers......

 A new batch of Hibiscus were
blooming yesterday...


And I just had to take a few more photos...


How funny that they are identical to our Rose of Sharon bushes at home....


BUt...


For some reason...


These...


Seem more exotic to me somehow...


Guess...


"Cause they grow here...


In the warmth and sunshine....much like our Rose of Sharon thrives in the heat of our hot summers at home...


 






Here are a few of my Rose of SHaron from last Summer...


Pretty awesome , eh???


And....

Very tropical....


But......


Grown in Canada........Fantastic!!!


I see the difference!!!


The pistony-stameny thingey is larger...and fatter...

I am hoping that Linda from the Crafty Gardener will correct me in these names I have made up....







Hope these flowers helped to brighten your day...

It is family day in Canada...a day off...in the cold snowy month of February...

Wish I could be with my family today....

BUt....

I am sure they all had a great day....

With their spouses and loved ones... 

Weather warmng up....

Only 10 days left....it goes so fast....


Enjoy your evening everyone....


                  Cheers!   :o)
                      linda 



 

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely shade of pink! And it's fun to see them blooming in February!

    Family Day? What a nice holiday. It's President's Day here, as you know.. ha. Fun that we have holidays on the same day but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the hibiscus...and they are a lovely colour...

      Delete
  2. Wow, those flowers are so beautiful!!!
    Enjoy your last days on your vacation!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to patent that name ... very interesting. You covered all parts very well. Sometimes Rose of Sharon is called Chinese hibiscus.
    It's a dull day with snow/rain and perhaps even ice depending on what part of Ontario you live in. We are just to get snow followed by rain but west and north of Toronto are icy this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know it was called Chinese Hibiscus...thanks!!
      We sure have missed some crappy weather...for sure!

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda, I have never heard of Family Day before but I think it's a fabulous idea!! I would love to see more emphasis on the importance of family life. Your flowers are beautiful. I am looking forward to the warm days of summer when my hibiscus blooms too. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....