Sunday 19 April 2020

April....so far...



Hello everyone...
I'm back...with a much needed post...
I do love the purpose involved with blogging...
It makes me sit...and take stock of my life...
It makes me grateful for wonderful Children...
that send their old Mom flowers...the day it came off the "essential" services list...
Who makes up these lists,anyways?????
Beer store is open...✔️
Liquor store is open...✔️
Grocery stores are open...✔️✔️✔️
But...delivering beautiful flowers to people is not?????
Really???

OK...rant over...lets get to these pics from the month of April...
Actually there are more...but I didn't want to load you down with too many...
Ill get another post out shortly....(yes ok Linda...whatever...😁)

   

 These gorgeous Hydrangeas were part of the bouquet I got from my kids and grandkids...after about a week, they were looking kinda droopy...I googled how to revive Hydrangeas...seems if you snip the ends,on an angle...boil some water, pour into a vase...put the Hydrangea stems into the water...leave for a few hours...and PRESTO...they were perky, and lasted another 10 days!!!
Who knew??? Well.......I am sure a LOT of you knew that...I did not!!
 


My house plants are also keeping me smiling...
This White Kolanchoe is from Christmas...
Keeps giving me blooms...
Wouldn't it be nice to send one to a friend????   Just sayin'.....(wink wink)

  


Spring is busting out in my yard here at home...
Forget-me-nots are looking good...
Lilacs in bud... 
I have also cut a few Daffodils and Hyacinth for indoors...I will show you those in my nest post....

 

 Last cottage drive...I think that was weeks ago...I was happy to see the Turtles in one of the canals we drive by,out for some sunbathing...but not social distancing!! 
Cottage is a long way from being ready...they are still working on the new furnace,hot water heater...installed a sump pump...and then discovered that the  original water tank...old...was full of sand and rust...New water tank to be installed...
Plus...the grounds are really in need of some elbow grease...and it has still been kinda too cold and windy to accomplish much...still working on getting the billions of stones removed from our beach deck!!!!
Inside...all is calm...and inviting...soon.................





Did some baking with my baking partner, Miss V....via Facetime...
She and I both enjoyed ourselves...💛💙💜💚

We did Banana Muffins and loaf one day...
And coffee cake another day...
Fortunately....boyfriend and I got to eat everything!!
Blueberry Muffins on another day...

 




Of course....the Birds keep us well entertained...💕
 


The last time we took Miss V to the cottage...and thrifty shopping...(she loves it too)...we got this pair of striped rubber boots for her to wear when she is here...who knew that was coming to an end...:o(...
Anyway...I got em all washed up...and by the back door with mine...
Ready for when she can come back...and feed the birds...sweep...rake...garden...all of the things that she loves to do here...💗
 

Before the isolation started...we had purchased a bone in Ham...it was in the basement fridge...waiting for the perfect time to cook it!!
How did we know how handy this would be to have!!!
Had scalloped potatoes and green beans with one meal...
Several with eggs...
Made a delightful white bean and ham soup...(no pics)
But I did get a shot of one of the Toasted Westerns we made...Gosh i love those!!!
   


 Had some Spaghetti Sauce and Crusty bread in the freezer...
Basil is all gone now...hope to get some soon!!!!



Celebrated Earth Hour....
 

And on several ocassions...when the wind is just right...and it is Sunny...
We have thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the back deck here at home...
We walk every day...
Busy doing nothing!! HAHAHA...not really...I have nearly completed 2 large crochet projects...and managed to sew a few masks for the family...if only I had more elastic!!! WHO KNEW!?!
 

Hope you are all well...

           Staying home...staying safe...we will get through this...

                    See you soon...

                          linda 💙

 

31 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, so nice to hear from you! You should share that coffee cake recipe with us, please. I made a bone-in ham about a week ago, too. So good for leftovers (ended up in quiche and split pea soup, too). Take care, hang in there, this can't last forever. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jenn!!
      I will post the recipe on my next installment...ok??
      Stay safe!!

      Delete
  2. Linda, what a wonderful post, and lovely pictures. Your flowers are so beautiful. So glad to hear how to perk up hydrangeas. I just got three big blue ones and I know they will begin to droop soon. Your food makes me drool...but I have a feeling it's not "sodium" free. That is my biggest challenge cooking for Don...as I LOVE salt, and food just doesn't taste the same I don't care how many spices and herbs you use. But, the alternative is not good, so we will adjust and sometimes I sneak a little salt on mine. But sprinkling it on...and cooking with it is not the same. Rant over....haha. I don't cheat when baking, it gets the salt. You ham looks so good...that's a no no for my dearest. Love to see you blogging. Love you tons. Pray for you often. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda!!
      I dont put as much salt in when I cook nowadays...mostly cracked pepper!! hahaha!
      I would rather salt it myself on my plate..
      prayers for your dearest...and you!💜

      Delete
  3. It's nice to hear from you! Crazy times, right? Who knew... We're doing okay being at home but I sooooo miss my girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha!!
      Who knew is right!!! We are good as well...trying to stay busy...
      Thanks for always visiting me...means a lot!!
      You will see your girls soon enough...💛

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful thoughts and photos.
    The natives are getting restless in some places. I hope things get back to normal soon. I need some hugs from my friends, and I miss my kids like I know you do.
    Took a nice hike with a friend today, a "socially distanced" hike.
    Spring is here and I am loving the greenery poking up through dry leaves and barren ground.
    I hope your week is wonderful and full of smiles and sunshine, even though the weather forecast is somewhat grim.
    Love you!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha...
      I see on the news that they are protesting!!! Must be Trump supporters! Love Gov Cuomo!!
      Stay safe my dear...💕

      Delete
  5. Nice to hear from you! Love the turtles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Furry!!
      yes...the Turtles were a pleasant surprise!!
      Stay safe....

      Delete
  6. Your floral photography is always so beautifully done! And florists are not going to like being listed as "non-essential" now -- not with Mothers Day coming up in about a month, one of the biggest sales dates of the year!

    So you've seen your first robin of the Spring! No such luck around here, although it was +14 today -- the nicest weather we've had for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debra!!
      Thanks for the kind words...my photography gives me great happiness...
      You are having warm weather this week...we are still chilly!!
      have a great week...stay safe...💞

      Delete
  7. Oh Linda, what a beautiful post - you are a treat! I will send you some of my flourishing basil in return for just about anything that you show :)) I have never heard of that trick with hydrangeas, but it is a good one. They are beautiful, as are your kolanchoes. What a great shot of the turtles in the water - cheeky things, not social distancing. I see the same thing around here with the birds - and the kids I see at the park. Our park is a joyous place these days, with all the home-schooled kids and their Mums out there in the afternoons. They are so respectful, and do keep away from us old folks. I saw a little 2-3 year old skipping by, singing to herself as they do 'Watch out for snakes, watch out for snakes'. good little Aussie. I do hope those sweet stripe rubber boots are filled very soon indeed. Be good, and be safe. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Patricia!!!
      I will gladly trade for some fresh basil!! hahaha!!
      Our parks and playgrounds are closed...people weren't listening...:o(
      i sure hope Miss V can wear those boots soon!!! I need her help in the gardens here and at the cottage!!
      Take care my dear 💚

      Delete
  8. It is a beautiful..one you will enjoy coming back to one day♥You have sch a green thumb and expert hands in the kitchen..The cottage..looks perfect! What a difference..
    bird girl is back..always love the birdies..

    Cute boots..and lovely FAMILY!!♥Take care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Monique!!!
      You are such a positive influence in my life...thank goodness for you 💓💕💖
      Have a wonderful week...your gardens must be waking up!!🍃🌿🌱
      Stay safe...

      Delete
  9. Your pictures, as always, are beautiful. I can imagine how much you miss your family but hopefully we'll all be through this soon. Oh and your coffee cake....yum! I don't make it because I like it too dang much!!
    Stay healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara...Hope you are well too...that coffee cake is excellent...I will post the recipe next post!!

      Delete
  10. a calmly glorious post from beginning to end!
    your touch is everywhere. good thing I don't bake here.
    I gain all my weight from seeing your posts and Instagram!
    stay strong! this too shall pass. love you CC Girl! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Tammy!!
      i keep meaning to email you...where do the days go???
      Think of you often...sending a Snoopy hug to you!💙

      Delete
  11. Love the boyfriends foot stool . ..
    Baking virtually with Miss V
    Foodie pics
    Feeding my soul with your “petal close ups”
    Oh my girl!
    Thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne...
      Oh...he has to always have his feet up!! Wherever...Whenever! hahaha!!
      Loved your Robins eggs pic...truly beautiful...
      Stay safe...stay home...love you!!💚

      Delete
  12. Turtles, baking, flowers and good writing. Yes, I agree with you about blogging. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ivy...thanks for stopping by!!💜

      Delete
    2. Hey Linda! I loved the flowers!
      Snowed again last night. Burrr.

      Delete
    3. chilly and windy here again today...

      Delete
    4. Right? Here too. Heat on now and yesterday. Snow coming the end of the week. "they say" Burrrr.

      Delete
    5. HAd a nice weekend...now back into the chilly temps!! Stay safe!!💛

      Delete
  13. A wonderful way to make the best of things, Linda! Good food, flowers, a little fresh air and fixing up, and beautiful crochet. Love all the pretty photos. Hope all goes well with all the cottage upgrades and you get to spend some time there soon. Hopefully with the sweet little ones. Take care and stay safe. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen...hope you are safe and well...🌸

      Delete
  14. All this food...yum!

    This year I think I will send my mom a photo of flowers. 🤣 But some places are still sending out gift baskets. Harry&David sent us a catalog, so maybe that is what I will send. Probably get hubby and kids to send me one too!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....