Wednesday 23 May 2012

Ahhhhhh Saturday....How Spectacular...





Saturday found us going into town...
Needed to stock up on a few things..


Went to Giant Tiger, Salvation Army,
Food Basics, and....of course....
The Beer Store...tee hee hee...beer!!!


After returning, we actually trimmed 
the huge privet hedge we have...

I then decided to have another stroll around with my trusty camera...

Cut a few LILACS...some for the Kitchen
Porch...and some for the screened Sun Porch...
We ate dinner out there every night...

Glorious.... :o)  


The BATCHELORS BUTTONS were beginning to open...such a beautiful deep MAUVE colour....love the thatched look on the underbud [is that a word???? but I think you know what I mean...]


These lovely gals are False Solomon Seal....their florets are so dainty...the original Solomon Seal has a much larger bunch of petals...not quite sure why they are called "false"...maybe because they are not quite as stunning as the originals...but I do think these are quite beautiful and delicate...:o)


The MONEY PLANTS are still blooming away, but as you can see below, some are already starting to make their "dollars" with the seeds inside...I thought this was kinda early...but....everything is kooky this year...


And even though we all mumble about the # of DANDELIONS now...you have to admit this is a great shot of one....the seed heads are floating thru the air...hopefully my husband didn't see this one....he REALLY hates dandelions....:o)


Believe it or not....people were actually SWIMMING!!!! This is to the East, but there was also people to the West in the water as well....I am going to wait until the water gets a WEE bit warmer....

If you look REALLY CLOSELY, you can see the minnows....already...



Perfect day....perfect calm waters....no wind....lovely SUNSET...

We retired to the Sun Porch...to have dinner with a few friends....and enjoy the warm SUNSET...ahhhhhhhhhhh...:o)





I will close this day, with a
shot of storm clouds across the lake....probably taken mid-July...judging by the size of my grasses...


How beautiful is that...


Hope you all had a great day......


Cheers!




                                :o)

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely Saturday! Fun but also productive! :) Those storm clouds are amazing! And your lilac arrangment looks like Martha Stewart herself did it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so beautiful, crisp & colorful! What type of camera are you using? My latest "must have" is a better camera, lol. Love your Saturday lake life!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri: thanks!!
    my camera...a hand me down from my son...is a Canon Power Shot...the best thing is the "macro" setting...lets you get in real close...hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your bunches of lilacs . . . they just make me glad seeing them. :)
    I have two lilacs in bloom right now, but unfortunately I am allergic to them so they cannot be cut and brought in :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your little friends. Quiet dinner guests though! The shot of the Batchelor Buttons with that thatched area underneath is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I slogged all day Saturday. Weeds, weeds, and more weeds. Tidying here and there. Will plant this weekend. Perhaps I should have a cottage..looks a lot more relaxing there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the end of the day....it sure is...I will have to take pictures of all the "slogging", just to keep you interested!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....