Monday 28 May 2012

Back At Home...In The Garden

We actually had a pretty
busy time at home, last week....

We got the pool open...YEAH...always makes the back yard come to life...


We also had our favorite painter Elmer, over to paint the garage doors, and some woodwork on the upper story...I asked him to paint out the trim..used to be a bit lighter green, but with beige trim.....I like this a lot better...The gingerbread stands out better now on the garage door...Martha Stewart color ....of course...  Are there any other colors???? They will mix any paint from her color chips....My whole house is Martha's colors....LOVE THEM... :o)







Korean BlueBells are up....thanks to my sister for these...:o)
Woodland Geraniums are one of my favorites...flowers are short-lived, but the foliage stays green ALL YEAR...

Bleeding Hearts are nearly done...





Deep Pink Peony almost ready...

Another favorite....good old Geraniums....
I bought them at Wal-Mart....for a mere 97 cents each!!!! I bought 18 plants, for under $20....what a super buy that was....I am going to go back this week, and see if I can pick up a few more...  :o)



These are Mayapple....so petite and soft...I believe they came from my sister....AGAIN...along with a hydrangea, many years ago...thanks!!


             We are babysitting Buddy again...my son has moved into his brand new home over the weekend....Isn't he sweet....nice to have a cat around again...if only for a visit....I must say, tho....I do not miss the fur{notice the throw under Buddy}...or the litter.........



            Hope you all had a great.....STEAMY.....HOT....STICKY....day!!

                                Cheers!             :o)

9 comments:

  1. Hey, you can never go wrong with Martha Stewart! Love her colors! Your doors look gorgeous!

    Buddy is adorable! haha..oh yes, the fur and the litter. We were cat-less for 5-6 years and the less desirable memories of a pet had faded. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a fan of Martha for many years...more than I can count!!!
    Since both our cats passed, I really haven't wanted another one...Our Taffy lived for 21 years...BIG commitment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love the pool...wish I could have one...our summers are too short...are nights are too cold....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for my swim now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pool looks very inviting, especially on a hot day like today. Lots of lovely blooms through out the garden.
    We had a cat named Buddy. Your visiting Buddy looks very content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I just want to jump into your pool right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attention:
    My sister has emailed me and the plant I called MAyapple...in fact is a Canadian Anemone...I stand to be corrected...what is wrong with the rest of you??? hahahah...starstruck with the pool, eh??

    Thanks Honor....keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great flower shots and beautiful pool! And Of course.. buddy is adorable.
    Have a great week linda, Ive got to get off the computer and get ready for work!!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Lake and a Pool!

    Some guys have all the fun!!

    What a wonderful home Linda, Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....