Tuesday 22 May 2012

Friday Morning at the Nursery




 Got up bright and early Friday morning...ok...ok...for ME, at the cottage..it was bright and early..


I arrived at ITTENS nursery,around 9:30am...look at that COLOUR...

I knew what I wanted, so I got to work..

For the veggies... .... I got 8 tomato plants..2 varieties........ green, yellow and red peppers...no HOT this year!!!
....  8 zuccini plants... ....  4 basil...
That will do for now...

Plant wise...I got 2 daturas, flat of waxy begonias....flat of mixed impatience...1/2 flat each blue lobelia and white and pink cosmos...1 dragon-wing-begonia [my very favorite], and a hanging vine geranium for the kitchen porch...






































It is only about noon at this point....
Lots of day left....
The grass was REALLY long again...
The lawnmower kept stalling out...so thick...


It was a perfect afternoon....

Even the ants were having a grand old time.... 


The evening was very peaceful...
Sat on the deck....
Had our firepit... 









And watched one of our Swallows...[no martins yet this year....other than the curious]...who perches atop our umbrella...and sings his/her heart out...



Tomorrow is another day.....stay tuned....

Cheers!                                                      :o)








Closing with a Pink Lace-Cap Hydrangea from my front garden at home...



Hope you all have a great day....:o) 

5 comments:

  1. Love the baskets full of colourful flowers! I think I am going to do that with some of my baskets. It looks so nice.
    The water at the cottage, wow, so calm and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- what a gorgeous property you are on! Lovely garden- your 'flower baskets' look fantastic- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Lovin the shoe shot Linda, a girl after my own heart. We are getting good at this Blogging stuff, are we not???
    You are so organised at the nursery, I go along and low and behold I have spent a fortune just walking through the door. This is where you come in Linda. All your tips and inspiration guide me to the lovelies. Hope I can look after mine as you do yours. The cottage looks amazing.
    Have a super time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole lot a plantin' goin on!
    Forgot to ask, do I line the baskets with plastic or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes they come with a liner...if you're lucky...I do put a plastic bag, to kinda hold the soil...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....