Tuesday 8 May 2012

Last Saturday....




Saturday was a very productive day. Because of the kooky weather we've been having, the shutters on the sun porch, stayed up a bit longer than usual.

 Once the shutters are down...let the summer begin!!  It lets in SOOOO much more light inside the cottage, and also helps to warm it up, as the SUNSET floods in thru the sun porch into the living room....  



The above picture was taken from  the kitchen...looking out....
Got all of the windchimes out of the cottage and hung them where they belong...
This crazy CARDINAL keeps tapping at the mirror beside the kitchen door....I guess he thinks "he" is a rival male....tried my darndest to get a photo of him at the mirror....but, to no avail...


A pair of loons floated, dove and flapped their way by....could only get the male...BECAUSE of course, he was chasing the female...  :o)

It was calm, clear, windless....just like a georgeous summer's day...even the sea-doos showed up!!!





The sky was a beautiful blue....hardly any clouds....very peaceful...and my boyfriend had a nice surprise for me...
He set up our cute little firepit.....my favorite way to spend the late afternoons at the lake.....weather permitting, of course...and the weather was ideal....
So I settled in... put my tired feet up....ordered a cold beer.... soaked it all in....relax....deep breathing..ahhhhhhh...Gosh I love it here... :o) did I just say that out loud....well, you know...it's true....I really love it here....who wouldn't??  :o)







Love when the shutters are down....

White Forget-Me-Nots...

Lily of the Valley up with a few flowerbuds..............................................maybe next weekend...some flowers
  




What better way to end a rather perfect day.....with another fire, of course....


Tried to get a few pictures of the moon, but couldn't get a good shot...but it was spectacular...lit up the whole cottage...














The weekend was so perfect
we decided to stay until
Monday morning...


As we are only about 1hour
and 15 minutes from home,
it is PERFECT!!!


I leave you with a picture
of my kitchen porch last
summer......


Have a great day....what are you doing today??? Perhaps it will be nice enough to get out into the garden here at home....take a few pictures!!
                                What else is new!!


                                   Cheers!            :o)












6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend you had! The cottage does look so lovely and homey and the gardens are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the windchimes, I've got lots as well, how peaceful to sit on the deck by the fire, I'm sure you look forward to weekends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Crafty....I sure do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, thanks so much for your kind words at my blog. These photos are beautiful, you have the most incredible spot here, you are so lucky! All that light and space and the views onto the water...and that blue rocking chair!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! I especially love the picture of your feet as you relax with a little fire going! How wonderful! Love that lake..you got some super pictures of it, too!

    I love windchimes! You have such a nice collection! Don't they add a nice feel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love hearing them at night...with the windows open and the sound of the waves....:o)

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....