Tuesday 16 January 2018

What My Crochet Has Looked Like... The Last While....





These are the things that I crocheted as Christmas gifts for all my girls...

Infinity cowls...

Fingerless gloves (made up my own pattern)...

Toques...

Cowls...

Blanket...

Scarf...

Dish cloths...












This sweater to the right...

I had worked on all Summer at the cottage...

It is called "The Campfire Cardigan" by Makeandocrew...

It is basically a big Granny Square...

I got into trouble while trying to add the sleeves...

So...I put it aside...

I think I will actually finish it to my own liking...

I will add a border all around...perhaps 2 pockets...a pompom to the hood, and a string with 2 pompoms at the neck...what do you think????

I just couldn't bring myself to rip it all out...thought it might be cosy for a Summers evening...I'll let you see it when I decide what the heck I am doing... 

 

This is my newest project...for a certain little Missy...

Can you guess what it is...and who for??? 💓
 










Cat Mats all done...

One already delivered...

Hope to deliver the other 2 this weekend...





Miss V modelled this toque and infinity scarf for me before Christmas...

Such a cutie pie!!

She had picked out the yarn at Michaels with me...the same day she picked some for her wee cousins blanket that I made... ♥️

                                     ******************

Hope you are all well...and enjoying your Winter...

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post...

     Sour Cream coffee cake in the oven...

             Smells delightful...time for a piece and a cuppa!!

                    Enjoy your week... 

                             See you soon...

                                     Cheers!  :o)

                                             linda ♥️ 

 

32 comments:

  1. The campfire cardigan is so pretty! Please show us when it’s done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!! you are the crotchet queen!!! beautifu beautiful gifts my gosh,, everyone must have been so pleased!!! miss v looks wonderful in pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie...
      yes...they liked the fingerless gloves!!My first attempt at those...
      Miss V looks great in ANYTHING!!

      Delete
  3. beautiful! the colors and all of it. cheery and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such beautiful work! And my, isn't Miss V starting to look like a real pre-teen in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra...oh god, no...don't wish her away!! She is only 5 1/2!!

      Delete
  5. The little sweater is going to be lovely--I know you will work it out. You are quite good with the crochet, and I seriously envy you! Miss V looks so darling in her little cap.

    Going to visit your last post. I'm a sloth in visiting blogs late; (or more).

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jane...
      I am going to try and work on the sweater before I go away, and I can take it with me!

      Delete
  6. What beautiful gifts, and I'm guessing that sweet white project is for Baby Nora! Your crotchet sweater will turn out very cute, with pom poms and pockets, and looks handy to me for a cool evening. Meantime, my favourite cake is Coffee Cake - would love to see a pic, and possibly the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a comment over at yours Patricia...email me, and I'd be glad to send you the recipe!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda, Where can I find your email address? Can't see it in your profile. It's probably looking right at me but I can't see it! I got snow blindness... Please help, P.

      Delete
  7. You have been very busy with all of your lovely gifts, Linda! How lucky your family is! Everything is so pretty and I'm sure very much appreciated. Miss V has a wonderful eye for color and she looks adorable in your creations. Your granny square sweater will be darling with all your 'improvements', too. I'm guessing the sweet beanie is for little Nora. Coffee cake sounds perfect on a cold winter day! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is KAren! I bunny rabbit hat...for Easter! Hope it fits her...she is very tiny...
      Coffee cake was delish!!

      Delete
  8. You made some lovely gifts and I’m sure all were appreciated. Some baking and cooking is next on my list, after a trip to the yarny store. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got back with a big bag of yarn from Michaels!!

      Delete
  9. I love seeing your work and still have one of yours in my crochet basket.I won't use it:) I just love looking at it♥Thanks so much for this pretty post..the girls in your life are wrapped in love:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Monique..."wrapped in love"...thanks so much!💙

      Delete
  10. Ahhh... Miss V has the gift of yarn choosing! And, I love that you've wrapped your loves in love. ;) Beautifully done! blessings ~ tanna
    ps look forward to seeing how you finish the campfire sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that too Tanna! hahaha!! Must get myself in gear....

      Delete
  11. Those are lovely gifts for your family Linda. I have joined a group on the web called knit and natter, I'm afraid there's more nattering going on than knitting but it's a lovely bunch of ladies from all over the world sharing knitting and crochet items & generally exchanging patterns and techniques. I am currently using up some soft baby wool to make little hats for preemie babies at the hospital, a lovely way to use up my wool stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Barbara...very nice to make for the preemies...our wee Miss N was a preemie!!

      Delete
  12. You've been busy! And Miss V is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Furry...
      Yes I have...and yes she is!!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful Crochet . . .
    Love all your pieces . . .
    and
    Itzy Bitsy white . . .
    and the (looking older) model
    and the colorful hat and scarf . . .
    Crochet Queen for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynne...
      We are seeing her this weekend...can't wait!
      I do enjoy crochet...for sure!!

      Delete
  14. Not just a pretty face are you?
    Very talented and professional and I can tell you love doing it . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eddie...
      Nope...not just a pretty face! Lots of talents...

      Delete
  15. Catching up to your last 2 blogs. Gosh, your crochet skills are wonderful. Love the photo of Miss V. modeling the toque and scarf. And little Nora in your previous blog, so sweet and alert. I also always enjoy seeing your baking photos and photos of you and the BF. Yes, I finally posted a photo collage on FB. Have a nice weekend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hester!
      Having a great weekend...you too!

      Delete
  16. Lots of crocheting. Wow. Looks terrific. I love all the various colour combinations. Everyone must have been thrilled with their gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....