Thursday 1 September 2016

Odds & Ends......Happy Long Weekend!!!!!






First things first...

Welcome Miss September...be kind!!

Beautiful Yellow Kalanchoes on my kitchen table...

I am adding a border to the afghan, which is a gift for my daughters birthday this month...almost done! I think some tassels would look great...

I showed you the cardigan I had been working on for Miss V...When I was adding the front borders, I noticed that I must have lost a lot of stitches along the way...not a good thing...at all! This was my first attempt at following an actual pattern, and I screwed up somewhere...so...altho it broke my heart...I began the tedious job of ripping out my work..:o(...I want it to be perfect...no rush to finish...I will start again! The colours look off, as I took the ones below in the evening...it is actually a lovely cream colour...



In the meantime...I have purchased some more yarn...{ coupons at Michaels} and I am going to make MYSELF a new afghan!! I love the colour combo I picked...will add a few hits of the lime green...think I will make it another Granny Square, as I quite like those!! Not sure if I will keep it for my Winter holiday or start sooner...I must decide if I am making anything for Christmas gifts this year...perhaps a few cowls...nothing too complicated!


There was time for a swim yesterday...Miss V goes in by herself now!! She said "You can just sit and watch me Nana"...okey dokey sweetie pie♥️

After the swim...we got into some baking...Pecan Banana Raspberry Loaf...

She places the raspberries so perfectly, and I am teaching her to "sprinkle" the brown sugar on top...bless her heart...such concentration...♥️ 






I made some stuffed peppers this week...they were excellent!
So fresh tasting! I have 2 left, and they are packed to go to the cottage with us!




Hope you are all well...and looking forward to a long weekend!!

The weather promises to be wall-to-wall sunshine...YIPPEE!!!!

We are leaving now...and the kids will be out on Saturday for a nice afternoon...dinner...and hopefully a big fat bonfire...if the wind co-operates!!!

Have a great weekend...enjoy your families...eat lots...laugh!! 


              Cheers!  :o)

                     linda ♥️

35 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect long weekend coming up. Have a wonderful one with your family. I'm sure you will have a blast with everyone at your gorgeous cottage. We'll be celebrating the retired-guy's 62nd. He's feeling old. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 62??? What a baby he is! hahaha!
      Hope you all had a great time!!

      Delete
  2. that picture of her in the sunlight with your toes!!! love it!
    have a wonderful wonderful long weekend in the enchanted cottage.
    it sounds fabulous. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Tammy...but...I came down with a nasty cold! :o(

      Delete
  3. Miss V looks like a natural in the kitchen! The banana loaf looks wonderful with her decorative touch! At first I thought the Kalanchoe were some kind of artificial flower - they are so pretty. Your crochet is wonderful - lovely colors :) Enjoy your long weekend at the cottage. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen....hope you had a great weekend too!! Gorgeous weather...

      Delete
  4. Love your odds and ends.
    Last night we pulled a fozen pie from the freezer and baked it. Wanted to clear out last year's leftovers before starting in again fresh. It made a good dessert for us and our company. I only ate half a piece. Trying hard to be good...
    Happy Long Weekend!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, it's really Martha, but I am signed in as Josiah on the Cabinet Maker's computer.

      Delete
    2. Only 1/2 a piece??? how about a treat on the long weekend!

      Delete
    3. I ate the other half for breakfast. :0)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you win in the nice weather department for the long weekend! It's supposed to be cold and rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the long weekend time with your family. I'll be packing for our trip out to BC, and while there will get to go with grandson for his first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Linda!!! Have a wonderful time!

      Delete
  7. I love the colors you chose for your afghan! Beautiful!
    Can't believe how grown up V is becoming! And I love that you're teaching her
    all the tricks of the kitchen. You can tell she's enjoying it so much!
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly enjoys doing things...and is very particular about everything!!
      excited about starting MY afghan!!
      Happy weekend!!

      Delete
  8. Last summer weekend at the cottage! How this summer has flown. Your daughter's afghan looks so cozy and soft. How frustrating about the cardi though ... hope the error turns up sooner than later. You're in for a lot of crochet! Miss V is so cute helping with the baking. Gorgeous days yesterday and today. I hope you get to have your big bonfire, but you might need a cozy blanket or two in the evenings suddenly. Enjoy your time with your family :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the cardigan to e right...if I expect her to wear it! hahaha1 Can't have her looking silly! No bonfire...:o(...wind was not right...there is always another weekend!!
      It was nice and chilly and night...for a change!!

      Delete
  9. Love your color choices for your afghan! I want to learn how to crochet a granny square. I saw a scarf made out of them, when I was in Colorado. And as I often do, wouldn't buy it because I said to myself, "I can make that". Ha! Do you do that, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the time Laurie! hahaha1 You will find an easy tutorial by "googling" it...good luck!!
      It is pretty darn easy, once you get the pattern going....

      Delete
  10. I forgot it was a long weekend! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy September, Linda! Enjoy the long weekend. Love all your photos showcasing all the adventures and fun you have with your little angel. Lucky me, I get a preview on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do Martha!!
      Hope you had a great long weekend too!!

      Delete
  12. Fun weekend ahead:)
    She is such a cute as can be chef:)
    Your handiwork is beautiful!
    In the kitchen and on your lap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique...you know they are a pleasure to do ANYTHING with!!
      I am happy with the crochet...just need to finish up the ends and tassels!!

      Delete
  13. I was reading your post last evening and fell asleep with the post open, iPad on my lap . . .
    I realized just a bit ago as I have been scrolling through my list of posts that I had seen this post, made no comment.
    My sleepy mind needed to be tweaked/reminded.
    I love your crochet pieces. The afghan is scrumptious, yummy. Love the colors.
    Such patience it takes to take out stitches and begin again . . .
    I would have had to do the same.
    Lovely piece it will be for Miss V
    And your colors for your new afghan are equally lovely.
    You have me in inspired mode . . .
    Happy cooler lake days . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you better get busy Lynne!! DO you knit or crochet???
      It was a fabulous weekend...warmer weather for the rest of the week...
      Here's hoping for a glorious September!!

      Delete
  14. A swimmer AND a baker... Miss V has it all!
    Love your choice of colours for your own afghan. It will be beautiful.
    Have a great long weekend! Hope we can chat soon. xo ((())) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love your food photos, makes me hungry! Miss V. is so grown up and so sweet. Hope you had a lovely day yesterday with the family and that you were able to do a bonfire. We have an outdoor wedding to attend tomorrow in Niagara on the Lake, should be lovely in the gardens. Have a good week....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bonfire...but Miss V did go swimming with her Papa...she loved it in the lake!! It had been a year since she was in at the cottage!!
      enjoy the wedding...beautiful day for it!!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....