Thursday 18 October 2012

The Best Things In Life Are Free.......



There is this large industrial complex, a few kilometers from where I live...

There are lots of lovely office buildings...with georgous landscaping...well tended gardens...

Some years ago, my dear late sister-in-law Maggie and I,went with our snippers, and cut some hydrangeas..in the Fall...for drying...  

I had never been back...

Until Tuesday afternoon...

I purposely put my snippers in the truck with me....

And headed to the Hydrangeas...

This time...they were still soft and supple...a lovely mixture of pinks and greens....and the leaves were just as beautiful...

So....I snipped away....threw them in the back of the truck...and put them in my vintage "shell" vase...and....VOILA...instant foyer display...

Am I smart...or what?

And....best of all.......FREE......

  





       Hope you all had a great day...

               I had a full house for dinner again...

                       What did you do????



                               Cheers!   :o)
                                   linda






       

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I love the green and pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just gorgeous Linda. You are brave to do that. I'd be afraid the security would come out and chase me off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha Pam...the best part is...there is a hedge between the building and the gardens, so...they are really on public property...that's my story, and I am sticking to it!!

      Delete
  3. Oh gorgeous! I clipped some dried hydrangeas in Vermont, but just couldn't bring them back! I'm so glad you want to go too! (Much closer to you, I think.) The rooms were very pretty and cozy, but we chose a separate cabin at Four Chimneys that was more private, roomier, definitely cozy, but not really to my taste. Very nice, but the pics didn't make the cut! So glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good trip...look forward to more posts from you...

      Delete
  4. I love hydrangeas! One of my favorite flowers but, don't know that it can be grown here in the tropics. So nice you could snip a few for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a giant hydrangea dripping with large, lovely blossoms right by my front door. Had I only known you love them enough to commit a crime I would have brought you some from my tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....how about making yourself a big bouquet...and bring me some next week...
      Buggie free..I hope...still swatting!!!
      And....I did not commit a crime...public property!! Just like your front!!hahaha...
      Better check your bush when you get home!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Martha...think I may go back for more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....