Saturday 14 January 2012

January 14th At The Snowy Icy Lake




We arrived at the Lake in the early afternoon. I love the snow, when it is pristene...no footprints...only those of the rabbits and squirrels....


Greg makes the first tracks down to the lake...and finds a fallen branch along the way...



 Must have been pretty windy with the snow, as anything near the water was covered in ice...


 These branches are ice covered..
and you may remember the big long log there last week...well...surprise surprise....GONE....



My neighbours wall and yard is covered with ice....kinda cool,eh?






 These are my 2 little white pines I planted around 3 years ago...so sweet!!










These birdhouses are used by the wrens and tiny swallows in the Spring.





We visited 2 thrift shops....but I will save those treasures for another post....I have a glass of red wine, with my name on it..waiting for me....


                      Enjoy your evening.....  :o)













2 comments:

  1. Nice to have these pics as I think by next week we'll be seeing this view in the rain. At least there is still some surf rolling in. Wonderful that you can enjoy these sights year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cold, brrrr, but beautiful, as always. So serene and tranquil...hibernating until spring!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....