Thursday 23 August 2012

Blooming Update....


  I haven't posted many garden pictures 
lately...

Mainly ....because....

There seems to be a "lull" in the
garden....

Other than what I captured this afternoon...after watering...again...

The Gerbera Daisies are still going...

The Golden Glow are on their last
legs...

But the good old Geraniums never fail...

The Rudbeckias are still trying to bloom...

The Turtle Heads are newly blooming...

And my cute little wax begonias are a
sure fire success...

Still a few Hollyhocks with blooms, and the Sedum is coming along... 

Why do some Hostas flower later in the summer???
Seems to me, these are the White flowered ones...the Lilac flowered ones
are earlier....Does that make sense??   :o)

The Oat Grass has lots of seed heads, and my little Hens and Chicks is doing well...

It is a wonder that anything is thriving...with all this heat and drought...

Enjoy the pictures....perhaps something new will bloom next week...

Allright.....I will not say "blooming" one more time!!!!



























                      Hope you all had a great day...and a great weekend...

                        Having friends to the Lake...

                               Hopefully lots of swimming!!!


                                                      Cheers!           :o)
                                              linda

11 comments:

  1. they are coming along very nicely....even with a lull! We can always count on geraniums, can't we? Seems like they never have trouble! I want to know what a turtle head is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy...Turtlehead is an heirloom perennial plant...I brought few home from the cottage...it is the 6th picture down...pink...I just love love love geraniums...:o)

      Delete
    2. I wondered if that might be them! Yes, the blooms are shaped like turtle heads! haha...they are so lovely!

      Delete
  2. My gardens are looking quite forlorn. It has not been a gardening season for me this year, but I do see a few Black-eyed Susans, and y grape tomatoes are doing great! Ah, there's always next year, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that what we gardeners always say...always next year!!!
      I already have plans in my head...but usually that is where they stay!!!

      Delete
    2. That is exactly where mine stayed this year.

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying soaking up all the garden pictures until they're all gone. I know a lot of climates keep gardens all year, but mine certainly doesn't! I don't know the name of that grass, but I saw it for the first time recently. and the seed is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Oat Grass, Jacqueline...we don't get to have garden climate all year either...by November, We are done :o(

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of turtle head either! Cool! Enjoy your weekend with your guests...teehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photography Linda, I like the look of the ornamental grass.
    Have a great weekend at the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....