Wednesday 8 August 2012

Five Things I Did Today.......Well...Maybe Four...

 Started the day with a very
long telephone chat with my sister-in-law Sharron....

Finally got off the phone and headed to the grocery store, as I had not been food shopping since last Thursday!!!

Picked up a fried egg sandwich for my daughter at a small diner beside my grocery store....my ulterior motive....to grab a short visit with Vivian...she looked really cute today...in a little blue flowered outfit...but I did not have my camera with me...  :o(

Couldn't stay long...as I was expecting my gal pal, for a tea party...on the back deck...Took one of my banana/blueberry/strawberry loaves out of the freezer.....added some fresh berries, and yogurt....our favorite tea time treat...
A little alliteration there...tee hee hee....  :o)









 Before she arrived...I made some "Over-Nite" pickles and onions...
Remember my "overnite oatmeal"??? Did any of you try that??? I have it every single morning...yummy..

Will see how they turn out..

If they are delicious, I will post the recipe...

Not really a recipe..

Very easy peasy...

At least they look good!!












Made my world famous chicken soup....

Supposed to be a cooler, rainy weekend..  :o(

Good time for some soup...


Well...anytime for me is good for soup...





For dinner. I made ceasar-radish-tomato salad, with fries and baked cajun tilapia, for dinner on the deck...

Gave the BBQ a rest tonight...

I have a pea-meal bacon roast in the oven...great for sandwiches, heated up...or just cold...darn delicious...

Went for our evening walk...

Had a nice refreshing swim...

Enjoy your evening... 

Hope you all had a busy day..


Vivian with a snappy hat!!!

Posing for the camera....  :o)

Hopefully get some more pics of her...very soon...











                              Cheers!   :o)
                                    linda

10 comments:

  1. I have a couple of those same or almost similar green bottles and I have a brown one without the sealing top. Your banana/blueberry/strawberry loaves sound delicious. Is the recipe on your blog? I'm a soup person too but haven't made any lately. My favourite is potato leek soup. You've got to get yourself an iphone, can take photos and videos of Vivian, email them, post them right away. Oops, can you tall I'm an Apple fan??? We had a fun day at the beach with the grandkids. We weren't expecting to go there but did and they didn't have their swimming stuff, but clothes dry quick don't they?? hehe, the joys of being a Granny, can take the kids home in wet clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda...I keep my vinegar for the kitchen in the green bottle...I think it was a beer bottle!!I make my loaves with a lemon cake mix, and just add the fruit...I am a cheater!! I have never made potato leek, but I should...it is delicious...I have a cell, but never hardly use it...you and my son are Apple fans...everything he has is Apple!!
    Glad you had a great day with the kiddies...makes everything worthwhile... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...we really do love the same foods. ha. all of that stuff looks amazing to me. You had a wonderful day from morning til night.

    That little Viv is a fashion diva! ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the little clothes are sooo sweet today...

      Delete
  4. I love your vinegar bottle! I think mine broke and I have been looking for a new one. A good idea!
    I haven't yet made the oatmeal but I will when the weather changes. Please post your soup recipe. I eat a lot of soup and always looking for a good recipe.
    Vivian! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birdie...hope you come back for replies...check out my March 28/12 post...the recipe is there...

      Delete
  5. Crafty Gardener's idea of an iPhone is a really good one! You should get one and than you are always prepared for anything...photos, videos, phone calls!
    Vivian is looking so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is all you have to say...after I wined and dined you...geeesh... :o)

      Delete
  6. Adorable , sweet Vivian looks so content, how gorgeous she looks in her little flower hat, that is my favourite so far. The food feast looks amazing. I like the chintz tea set for afternoon tea, very traditional, I like that Linda!
    Have a great week, we are off on our travels for two weeks, I will catch up when we are back.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa....have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....