Thursday 24 July 2014

Bits & Bobs.......





Just a few random shots from the last few weeks...

A small thrifty buy...pretty painted jar...perfect for putting beach glass we find at the beach..odd shaped shells and stones...if we don't put them away..we usually lose the beach glass!

I collect shoes!!! Thought this one was like an Aladdins lamp!!! Love the crockery and the hand painted flowers... 

Blue and white glass jar with lid...sits proudly on the kitchen shelf...has Belgium written on the bottom...

Small hand embroidered tablecloth...
Also has LUNCH and DINNER embroidered on the corners...so cute!

Also a larger linen tablecloth...with flowers...very heavy linen...

I love finding beautiful linens while thrifting...


 Scrabble board...one of many...while out at the cottage with my SIL a few weeks ago...

Amazingly I actually won a few games!!

Seagulls are always plentiful at the cottage...

Sometimes they even look regal...

Bottom picture looks like they are comparing notes after a hard day!!






This day I put together a couple of succulents in some vintage dishes I had...

I had stones from the beach...which I added on top...

I will bring them in for the winter...

They look lovely all winter...

I added some waxy begonias to the centre of the longer dish...

they are looking fabulous! 











I always make a weekend arrangement at the cottage...with whatever is in bloom...

This was the Sweet Pea weekend...in my vintage 3 holed vase...

I think they looked perfect!

I am hoping for a Hydrangea arrangement this weekend...they were quite large last weekend...but didn't have time!!


this blooming Milkweed was teaming with ants this day...

I found the blooms were not as spectacular this year....perhaps old man winter had something to do with that!!!



Hope you are all having a great day...

Off to the lake...

Friends coming out on Saturday for a sleepover...hope the rain holds off...

If not...we can always tell stories...listen to music...play euchre...we will have fun...for sure!!

Perhaps...(I say that jokingly)...a few cocktails! tee hee hee!!!

                             

Hope you all have a great weekend...

See you at the end of it!!

                   Cheers!   :o)
                      linda

32 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great weekend. The succulents look great in your containers. We call them houseleeks here - the plants, not the containers!! I have four pots of them growing in the garden, they stay out all winter long, even in the snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy...I enjoyed putting them together....I have left them out in the winter, but I have ruined my crockery, so now I just bring them in! Enjoy them allllll year!

      Delete
  2. OH!
    those dear bright little sweet peas in that three throated vase ... perfect.
    and the succulents you did with the sea stones ... so beautiful. and such a finishing touch.
    my god you're talented. not just for all the beauty. but for life.
    life itself.
    ok.
    i'll go now.
    now that you're thoroughly embarrassed! LOLOL. (that's my own talent. embarrassing people. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it done then, before your cottage visit - well done.
    Liked the interesting embroidery on the linen.
    My wonderful (sadly departed) MIL left us her beautifully embroidered table cloth she did just before the war. She was Polish and the Russians kicked her out of her own home and allowed her just 40 mins to gather possessions - that was one of them. I will do post about it one day and a photo.
    Loved all the shots, Linda. Great shot of the seagull with his reflection in the water.
    Enjoy your stay at cottage and I believe you, thousands wouldn't about you having just a few cocktails . . . lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie.....
      Great story about the linen...I love old linens...so interesting!
      Ha! I did have more than a few! Devon made me!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Our grocery had succulents on sale this week and I almost bought some. I've never had them and think they look so cool. I collect those old planters, too...they look so nice in them in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy....
      Grab a few next time...I think they are so cool looking!

      Delete
  5. everything is beautiful ...oh my you give ideas too have fun with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa....we had a great weekend....hope you did too!

      Delete
  6. I'm the world's worst Scrabble player. You could beat me easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debra...you are my favorite kind of competitor!
      We shall have a game!

      Delete
  7. What wonderful finds with your thrifting. The succulent dishes so adorable with the rocks. I not very good at scrabble...I use a lot of FOUR letter words...not the bad kind...haha..just short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you would never use the bad words Wanda!
      Thrifting was pretty good that day!

      Delete
  8. The succulents look so nice! I have a bunch that are sitting on my counter that need to be planted somewhere but I don't know where yet. Thanks for the idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo Birdie!
      Put them in a nice shallow dish....you can buy special soil for succulents....

      Delete
  9. Great idea for the succulents, they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to say Jessica.....I appreciate that!

      Delete
  10. Cute succulent arrangements ... I saw some on our travels selling for $15 and up ... would never pay that price when I can put them together for a fraction of the price. The embroidered cloths are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the succulents for 99 cents!
      They are very expensive to buy them in a dish arrangement....

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda. I love the photos today - so colourful! The embroidered table cloth is so pretty and the succulents are very pretty. Enjoy your weekend. xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. The succulents look wonderful - and I love the way you have arranged them. The embroidered cloths are fun too, aren't they. Sweet idea to have the meals tagged on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love finding vintage linens..especially embroidered!

      Delete
  13. Next year this time I'll be retiring. I look forward to weekends without work! This weekend holds shifts at the ever busy hospital.
    I love your crazy 3 vase vase!!! So cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Dr or a nurse? My mom was a nurse....such hard workers♥️
      The vase is cool, eh? And, perfect for the sweet peas!

      Delete
  14. I love when you do the random photo posts, such beautiful flowers and treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie...are you still on a break?

      Delete
  15. LOVE Scrabble,and sweet peas,and seagulls,and cocktails!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....