Thursday 10 July 2014

My Home Garden Missed Me..........






Arrived home late afternoon yesterday...

Spent 2 days at the cottage with my SIL...

We had rain, thunder,high winds...

But...

Also some sunshine..:o)

Many scrabble games...not sure I won any!

But..one thing I know for sure...

My home garden missed me...

And showed me how much...but welcoming me home with a lot of lovely blooms...

Will share a few with you today...

Enjoy!

Glad to be home...♥️

My Daisies were the happiest to see me...

Wanted to make a small bouquet...but resisted...will enjoy them today as well...

And...a lot more buds to open...

 

I had purchased this Fuschia planter for a steal...$5...and it is perfect! It is flowering profusely, and attracting the Hummers...just as I had wanted♥️...I have yet to capture a shot of one...but I will keep trying!!
White Yarrow just starting to bloom....so exquisite up close...and I like the feathery foliage..

The beginnings of the Purple Coneflowers...love this perennial...I believe I have white in the front garden...will take some pics out there this afternoon...lots happening there....


                                                         *******************

              Hope you are all having a great week...

                 Weather is very pleasant...humidity and rain gone!!

                             Back to the business of enjoying Summer.....

                                   Boyfriend back tonight...YAY!!!

                           Gonna make him one of his favorites...

                                 Roasted skinless panko crusted chicken thighs...

                                       I think some roast Yam slices and a Ceasar Salad...

                                 Sound good???


                     Enjoy the rest of your day...

                              I plan to!!

                                 Cleaning...laundry...grocery shopping...you know, the usual!

                                   Cheers!  :o)
                                       linda


37 comments:

  1. Hello!!! I missed you! I was going to check with you today to see if you were OK, but I see that you were, even though you were missing your flowers!! They look as though they have managed to keep themselves going without you though. Lovely to have you back again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a happy garden and only a gardener full of such love could be growing it so lush!
    it's beautiful.
    i'm finally on the mend! and it makes me feel even better to see your lovely posts.
    thank you dear heart! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news Tammy...very happy for you!

      Delete
  3. You're getting a good tan though, if the rest of you is the same colour as your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the daisies. They are my all-time favorite. Your garden looks beautiful and I see why you missed it. Have a nice dinner with the boyfriend; it sounds good. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back and that you enjoyed the cottage.
    Great show of lowers :) Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such variety you have! And all in different states of blossom - lovely. I think daisies, although some may consider them run-of-the-mill, are such a sweet flower. Such a sunny disposition. Even the name makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Daisy does make you smile...and their lovely faces too!

      Delete
  7. I'm loving this weather without humidity. The gkids were here all day so it was busy, busy, busy. Daisies are my favourite flower and the clump in the front garden is doing amazingly well. Some of the outer stalks are getting floppy so just might cut them off for a nice bunch of blooms inside. Glad you enjoyed your time at the cottage, but I'm sure you are really glad to have the boyfriend back home. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda...trying to get back into the routine!

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda!
    Don't you just love when your garden welcomes you back with open arms? I know I do. I just posted pictures from my garden too for Garden Tuesday:) I even have the same Daisies as you. Aren't they just darling:) Love the Fuchsia, I never have luck with them, but I do love them. Dinner sounds yummy. What time? Thanks for sharing, Linda...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ~~Louise~~ I sure do!
      I am going to try and over winter the Fuschia...my pal Linda at Crafty Gardener did it this winter, and said it was a huge success...worth a try,eh?

      Delete
    2. Definitely! Keep us posted:)

      Delete
  9. Wow, beautiful blooms! I bet you were ecstatic to discover all these gorgeous flowers. love this time. So colourful. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh...gorgeous daisies! I had to transplant mine this year...they were in a spot under the eaves that didn't allow the rain to get to them and they were always dry and thirsty. I love them.....such bright, happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the unfurling is so pretty. I love daisies, simple but always good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...next week will see a bouquet for sure!

      Delete
  12. My gardens miss me even when I'm here... I do need to be a better garden tender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a pretty full plate already Martha!
      Every shot I have seen of your flowers are awesome!

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I tend a different kind of garden.
      :0)

      Delete
  13. Sounds like you have/had a busy day of chores.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had fun at the cottage with your SIL. Lots of Scrabble games sounds like fun! Enjoy your weekend - at the cottage again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...whenever you know who gives me the go-ahead!!

      Delete
  15. my boyfriends' back….hey nah hey nah my boyfriends back

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your peony header photo! They are such a pretty pink. The daisies are sweet too, a favourite of mine. We're in for a beautiful weather weekend here. We have our power but there are still thousands with out until next week. There are thousands of trees, power lines, poles and transformers down. It's really crazy here. Enjoy the weekend. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a pretty good weekend too...
      Although today is back to the kooky...
      WIndy as heck at the cottage, and we drove thru blinding rain on the way home...
      Have a great week....

      Delete
  17. All the same usuals here too, Linda. Love those daisies, so sunshiney and pretty, also the exotic fuchsias. What fun playing Scrabble in a cosy cottage with the wind and rain outside. A perfect break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good! Had a few sunshine breaks, so that made it all worthwhile!

      Delete
  18. I am a keen gardener and I love daisy's,but unfortunately they don't seem to like my soil and they die off. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is nice to have flowers welcome you home.



    ╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮╭╮
    ╰╋╯╰╋╯╰╋╯╰╋╯╰╋╯╰╋╯
    ┈┃▍▍┃┈┈┃▍▍┃┈┈┃▍▍┃┈
    ╭╋╰╯╋╮╭╋╰╯╋╮╭╋╰╯╋╮
    ╰╯▕▏╰╯╰╯▕▏╰╯╰╯▕▏╰╯
    ▂▂▕▏▂▂▂▂▕▏▂▂▂▂▕▏▂▂

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....