Thursday 17 July 2014

Yesterday.....After the Rain...

       
    Is there anything so refreshing...

                  As the garden...

                After a fresh rainfall??

                             I think not...

                                             Enjoy!



















            As i write this post...the sky is as black as the ace of spades...

                                 More rain today???

              Perhaps yes......perhaps no...have to wait and see...

                        Miss V is well into her nap...she was pretty tuckered out...

             We will play by the pool...or go to the park...depending on the weather...

                        But for sure....

                 Some banana berry cake with fresh strawberries and yogurt on top!♥️ 


            Hope you are all having a great day...what's happening in your neck of the woods?

                  I have some boneless chicken cutlets soaking in buttermilk...

                Will roll them in Panko crumbs and roast 'til golden and crispy...

                        Some mashed potatoes, carrots and spinach alongside...

                                   Hope Miss V likes it!



                  Enjoy the rest of your day....

                                 I plan to...

            Thanks for all your lovely comments this week...much appreciated...

                I promise to post the bean salad recipe...soon...not much to it!

 Oh what the heck...

      Any can of beans...chick peas, romano, kidney beans whatever...at least 2 cans of something
       Drain and rinse...add red onion,green,red, yellow peppers..or whatever you have...
        Chopped celery...lots of cracked black pepper...
          I usually like to let it sit overnite...I use whatever salad dressing I have...
            Italian...roasted red pepper...anything with an oil base...add to taste...
              I usually add more just before serving....the beans absorb it well...
                 So.....as long as you have a can opener...and a few other things...
                     You are good to go...
                       You can also add a can of green beans and corn if you want...

                                          Bon Apetite!



                  There you go...for all who asked...

                           Cheers!  :o)
        
                                 linda








17 comments:

  1. Hi Linda:)
    I love the garden after the rain and it's so photogenic too, lol...I have chicken soaking in yogurt also today. I may barbecue. We'll see if the weather holds up. It's sunny now but the clouds are rolling in and a storm is a brewing. I post garden pics today too. I(I got some cool butterfly pictures:) It's just that kind of a day, I suppose or tis the season:)

    I'm sure Miss V will love dinner especially after a good nap! Thanks so much for sharing that salad recipe and of course those pics...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got her settled!
      I forget how much a handful a 2 year old can be!
      Enjoy the bean salad!

      Delete
  2. Love this gardent and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite photos today are the succulents and the daisies. Gorgeous! Thanks for the bean salad. I think this is the same one my mom always made but we never got the recipe down. It is easy and I will make it for the next party which will be in August. Dinner sounds good..mmm...mmm. Now I want mashed potatoes. :-b Hugs to you and Miss V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the succulents...I made up 3 different vessels....I must do a post on them!
      Daisies are beautiful,eh? I know they are your favorites♥️
      Glad to hear you are gonna make the salad....easy peasy! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. So sparkly after a rainfall - and smells so good. That's why I love getting up north to cottages so that you can really, truly smell the earth and air. Your photos are so lovely and fresh. What is that amazing blue flower?!? The shape looks reminiscent of those paper toys we would make that would tell your fortune... cootie catchers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suza!
      That is a Balloon Flower....starts out like a balloon...opens up one petal at a time...beauty!
      I remember those paper things! Wonder if kids still make them?

      Delete
  5. Our sky has not turned black... at least not yet. Maybe the dark clouds will stay over the lake instead of travel this direction.
    Love your "after the rain" photo collection.
    The flowers reminded me that I should go down to the garden and collect some nasturtium leaves to toss in our salad. They're spicy!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rain!.....just black clouds.....
      I thought it was the flower that was edible...I have 3 Nasturtium at the cottage...must try the leaves!
      I bet everything is shrivelled out there....:o(

      Delete
  6. I Love when they sky is very dark and threatening.
    I love your bean recipe thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the photo shoot , , ,
    I think I might be able to make that recipe - sounds yum.
    Rain due here - might clear the air a bit . . . :) cheers ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie.....
      You can do it....I have faith in you!
      Hope you get rain.....we need some, too!

      Delete
  8. That is pretty much how I make bean salad! Everything does look fresher after the rain doesn't it. We are having record high temperatures right now, and last night we had massive thunderstorms, but we need more rain, so feel free to send it on over when you are done with it, but not until my painting and drains are done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain makes for many nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great flower pix after the rain!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....