Sunday 18 March 2012

Beach Vegetation...... Identified!!!





On our last day in Florida, My husband had finished his second book, and while browsing the selection of paperbacks in the condo, he came across a book about all things indigenous to the Florida beaches.

I browsed thru it, and was able to identify some of the vegetation that I had found interesting enough to photograph.. the top one looked to me like a geranium, and that was why I took a picture of it. Turns out it is called Beach Pennywort....cool, eh?
This one reminded me of Dusty Miller...seems it is Seaside Evening Primrose...no flowers when I was there...wouldn't that be spectacular..



This is called Inkberry...I loved the bright green foliage..



This was a coco nut palm....just on the beach...wonder how it got there?



More Inkberry...love it...


I remember seeing this in Jamaica....called Sea Grape...not a lot of this on the beach...wondered if somebody actually planted it...







Of course we all know perennial Gallardia...or blanket flower....this was growing along a walkway....amazing how nature works...
And of course, the Hibiscus....gorgeous...

And my very very favorite....I found the name Honor...and it is no surprise it's called Dune Sunflower...how appropriate...I really adore this little plant...catch the footprints of some sea bird walking thru the path...











Hope you enjoyed...and learned a little bit more about native plants...

Cheers   :o)
 The sun is shining....get out there and enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....