Saturday 31 March 2012

Framing 101......

I have been meaning to put some photos in some frames for the looooooongest time...[sounds like a Billy Joel song]. I get some of my photos printed or enlarged thru an on-line service called "Shutterfly". My son got me started a few years ago. I usually only order when they send me a special deal. I have also ordered address labels, which I LOVE....

Back in January, they had a special on 8x10's and 5x7's...I was all over it like a cheap suit.
I picked several of my favorite photos...cottage pics [of course] and flowers...
I gave my daughter and son-in-law 3 of the 5x7's of the Limelight Hydrangea...for their first wedding anniversary....they looked luscious in dark frames, which I purchased at Winners

Finally made a trip to IKEA to pick up candles [always need candles], and to get some of the RIBBA frames. I chose the white for one...and the dark for the other 3 photos I intended to use. Instructions are pretty simple.....love the illustrations....pretty hard to go wrong...







Here is one of the Limelight  Hydrangea, looks great in the dark brown frame
             Hope you all had a great day...
   
             Cheers        :o)


4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW. I had to do a huge framing job after a photo shoot with Zoe, and I was stumped to find a 5x7 opening. After many attempts, Michaels ended up being the best, but I never thought about IKEA! Oh well, I'll be prepared next time. I'm so delighted you framed your artwork. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ou Yes! now we're talking Linda...
    The frames are very striking, simple but elegant. they work really well with your photography.
    I work in a craft shop studio gallery and I would exhibit your work in a flash ! have you thought about selling your work at craft fairs or local studios, they would make great gifts Linda

    I have just introduced Charlotte to your blog because I have been trying to persuade her to do the same with her wonderful images .
    Best Wishes Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much, Lisa...
    I use my photos for greeting cards for my friends and family as well...been doing that for a few years now...
    not sure about the selling part...
    kinda special the way I use them now..
    actually , I have been told that many times, but I am too shy for that..

    thanks again for the kind comments..much appreciated

    Lots more pics to come...stay tuned!!

    Cheers
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the framed photo of your lovely cottage. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....