Tuesday 20 March 2012

SPRING


Well, it is finally here...

Spring has sprung...

Although it is kinda FOGGY this morning... I am sure the SUN will shine through...


Thought I would share a few
of my springy photos...from previous springs....lots of "shoots" in my garden,tulips, daffodils, irises, and day lilies... but nothing blooming yet...

Not here at home, anyway...

there may be some crocus or hyacinth at the cottage...what with all this warm weather we have been having...

will check it out this weekend....going for our first sleepover of 2012...it will be nipply, but I will ask my boyfriend to split some wood for the fireplace.... that always warms the old place up...perhaps I will make some chili to take...that would be good....will make soup for sure...always love soup at the lake...   :o)


Had these Hydrangea on my kitchen porch at the cottage last Easter...close enough to this date to include in this post...I planted them after they finished blooming...now if I could only remember where! With such a LARGE garden there, sometimes it is hard to keep track of things....perhaps this year, when I transplant something, I should take a picture of it...to help me remember... Will have a look for them on the weekend...maybe I can spot it before everything gets too big, and swallows it up...




Now for the grand finale....this picture of the cottage, was taken on March 2oth,2010.....last year there were still a lot of icebergs floating around....but not this year...the Lake never even froze over....we needed more snow, to help the gardens and grass....perhaps some April showers will help remedy that....  :o)







 I remember we had a late snowfall at home, last year... and at the lake...didn't last long....but just long enough to mess up our plans for that weekend...

Even when it is covered in snow....it still steals my heart away...

Hope you are enjoying the First Day Of Spring 2012.....Cheers........ :o) 

What are your plans for the day???

I think I'll go shopping....yes...perhaps HOMESENSE... check out their garden gear...  :o)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you! Hope you and your "boyfriend" have a wonderful time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fog did burn off and it is gloriously warm and sunny in my backyard. I am sure the lake is lovely right now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....