Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tiny Footstool .....

I had purchased this tiny footstool in the Fall.....for a whopping $2....I had procrastinated about recovering it for months....I finally made it to Fabricland yesterday, and picked up what I needed. I first had the boring old phony suede in a tan color.....very safe.....very boring....very bland....very NOT me!!!!  I spotted some fabric....it was on sale....I took it to the cutting table....the lady asked what my "project "was....when I told her, she explained that she had watched "The Nate Berkus" show that morning, and he said that to put the "unexpected" piece in your room....this fabric certainly was not all that far from the ordinary...so I guess that could be called unexpected!!!!    You tell me what you think......

This footstool is TOO hard....


This footstool is TOO soft....





But this footstool....
is just.....





RIGHT!!!!



Now....back to the christmas cactus saga....the one to your right has been "rooting" in a green vase for about....oh....I would say.... 3 years....and it has bloomed....not profusely, mind you...about 5 times...

Eat your hearts out girls....and YOU know who you are...


Hope you all had a great day.....what a beautiful day it was...we went to the lake and did 3 hours of raking and cleaning garden beds...will have more on that tomorrow..

                           Cheers               :o)

oh yes.....welcome to my new readers...check out their blocks in my sidebar....truly wonderful blogging....:o)

1 comment:

  1. Very talented work Linda, just the perfect homely comfort following a hard day in the garden. It's five stars from me. *****

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....