Sunday 8 September 2013

Fairest, Festive, Feathery Friday...



 As I wandered around the cottage...late Friday afternoon...

I spied..

And heard...

A sweet little...

Visitor...

At the bird bath...

Outside the shed...

Can you see him there???

Right on the left edge???

I zoomed in...

And caught a cute pic...

Of...

One of my most favorite, birds...

Of all time..

The Chickadee..dee..dee.....

Just quietly having a small sip or two of water...

After enjoying one of the sunflower seeds I gave him...

Precious....  :o)





 The planter on the shed is doing pretty good...

The Impatience are lush...The Sedum is getting ready to bloom...and the variegated vine is still doing it's thing...

A shot just as the sun was heading West...way too soon for my liking...

But the Sunset...was...unbelievable...I will show you that tomorrow!!!

                                  *********************




When the Lake is beating against the beach...

And the sunporch looks like this...

It is time to come home....so we did...late Saturday afternoon....

And...our Internet was down...and just recovered late this afternoon...

On the bright side...we had a visit from Miss V and her Mom...

They even stayed for Turkey Pot Pie and Ceasar Salad...

Awesome!

Hope you all had a drier weekend....

Enjoy the rest of your evening...

Perhaps I can visit you all....perhaps...kinda tired!!


                                               Cheers!   :o)
                                   linda

  

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet pics of the dear little chickadee, Linda. New Brunswick's provincial bird. They are coming to the feeders here and never really stopped all summer. They'd eat the thistle seed as I wasn't putting out sunflower seed in the summer months. I figured they had lots to eat. I have to bring the sunflower feeder in every night or the raccoons would raid it! It's really cool here this evening. Going down to 4!! Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that...must e another reason that I love the Maritimes so much!
      Oh I know...those raccoons are real nasty...tip everything over to get one seed!

      Delete
  2. I love chickadees,too....that little call of theirs is just so sweet. Nice pictures! We haven't had any rain...could actually use a good day-long soaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rain???
      We got tons on Saturday...heatwave coming thru tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. oh little chickadee. we don't have many so it is a special treat to see them.
    i don't know why... but i was thinking the porch was glassed in. hope the rain doesn't ruin the beautiful floors! everything is lush and green. we could use that rain. too too dry again here with temps still near 100. enough already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...screened porch...for the summer...so you feel like you are outside, but with no buggies!
      Hope you are coping with the heat...we are expecting a blast tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. See Linda, seeing more things I've never seen before - a cute little chickadee. I can see why you like them! That rain is just horrid to have come in your sunporch like that, I hope you managed to keep all of your things dry. Although the rain is a pain (!) it did make for a lovely moody picture looking out towards the lake. Stay dry (it is pouring down here today!) and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am used to the rain coming in!
      Only when it is a South wind...
      Haven't done anything to the new floor yet...still some work to be done out there...perhaps you missed those posts, when we had it all rebuilt last winter...I just move everything to the back of the porch...and hope for the best! hahaha!

      Delete
  5. I keep up a feeder at my front window just for the chickadees. My aunt loves them too and has been inviting them to her house for years. She even named her home business after them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is unanimous!
      Everyone loves the Chicka-dee-dee-dees!!!

      Delete
  6. What a cute chickadee. He's so pretty and they do have a pretty song. Your flowers are still looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be looking good for at least another couple of months, Jennifer...
      Fall here is GORGEOUS!!!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....