Thursday 26 September 2013

How To Turn This....Into This!!





Do you all remember this basket of sweet...

Juicy...

Furry...

Aromatic peaches..

That I bought..

Back...

A week or so??

Well...

I finally turned them from this....













                I recycled these 2 pics of the juicy peaches from last year...

Don't they look awesome!!!For full details put peach jam into search box..


Are those apple in the background??? Why...yes...I do believe they are...Guess they will have to be made into an Apple Pie Bread next week....tee hee hee....





Into this!!!!

So easy....

Score the peaches on one end...

Drop into boiling water for 1 minute...

Into a bowl of ice water for 1 minute...

The peel slides right off...

I chopped them in my handy-dandy vintage egg chopper...

Add sugar...

I put some cinnamon in...

Add Freezer Jam mix...

Stir...

And.......VOILA!!! 

JAM!!!

I also added some strawberries to the second batch, to bring the fruit up to 4 cups.... 

Use any old jars that you have...

Pop into the freezer...and...you...are...done!!

Lasts for 1 year in the freezer!!!

And....I am down to my last jar from last year...

Perfect timing!!!

I used one basket of peaches...about 12...and one container of fresh berries...









After I cleaned up that mess...ha!

I got together the fixins' for a Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake...

Also pretty darn easy, once you get everything assembled...

And..

It turned out...

Scrumptuous!!!

I do believe it is the grated lemon rind that gives it unique and zesty flavour...

You can find that recipe by putting the name of the cake in my search box.... 


Hope you are having a great day!

Another beautiful one here...

My boyfriend is feeling better...and now I have  a scratchy throat...:o(

But........you can't keep us down....must...go...to...cottage...

Tomorrow....that is!!!

On the menu tonight...

               We're going to Turtle Jacks for burgers...

               They make an awesome avacado chipotle burger...

                          AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!


Enjoy the rest of your day and evening...

                               Cheers!  :o)
                                 linda

21 comments:

  1. I am the first commenter!! Is that a word? Don't you come down with a cold now! That wouldn't do! Hope you don't. Enjoy the cottage this weekend with the lovely weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually only try to be "first" over on Betsy's blog!!!
      I am ok...and I am definitely going to enjoy the cottage!
      You have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you're such a great cook! Stay healthy, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....look at you....in your new hat! Awesome!
      I will! promise!

      Delete
  3. I like to imagine how all that wonderful food smells.
    Looks like I'll be going gluten free again. Been feeling yucky. Now I'll have to pull out those cookbooks and bake up something yummy. Something other than pumpkin muffins, although they are very yummy, even if I did make them with squash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please share your gluten-free recipes, Martha...
      My daughter needs to bake something!!!

      Delete
    2. Check out these cookies! (I can hardly wait til Christmas.)
      Cookies

      Delete
  4. Linda, You've been Jamin'! Freezer jam is about as far as I go when it comes to "preserving." Oh, I've been known to freeze a few blueberries in my day. Does that count?

    Just heard the weather and I am thrilled! Above normal temps for the next week or so. Yipee! Glad the boyfriend is feeling better. I'm thinking that Avocado Chipotle Burger will clear up any chance of you catching the bug:) Enjoy the cottage and thanks for sharing these tips and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are an excellent cook, Louise!
      Just look at all of the delightful posts you have done, involving great eats!
      Can't wait to get to the cottage....

      Delete
  5. Beautiful jams! I love them all done and in their jars...such a nice feeling, isn't it?

    I have a scratchy throat, too. Harry had a cold this week...guess he shared it with me. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it is, Betsy!
      Not too many..but well worth the effort!
      My throat still scratchy....hope I don't get it this weekend...I am so looking forward to the cottage!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Everything is delicious!!!
      Especially that cake!

      Delete
  7. Hello there my friend. I have missed you! Looks like you are up to your normal stuff. Lovely flowers, yummy cake. Cottage bound. Hope your fella feels better soon, and that you don't get too run down with it. I had it over Labor Day, and it lingered on and on. Still fighting the cough.
    Much love,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost taste the peaches!

    GO get yourself some Cold Fx. It really works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That jam looks delicious! It's almost too good to be true! The cake looks amazing as well, remind me to drop in and have breakfast :)
    I hope you have a great weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful and sounds easy. The jars look so pretty, too bad they have to be hidden away in the freezer. I have so much catching up with you to do! Your turkey burgers sound wonderful too. I'm hoping to get to spend more time in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cheeriness and your talent in the kitchen! The jam looks so delicious and fresh, and the breakfast cake looks amazingly yummy. Take care of yourself and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pretty sure that you could turn gravel into pearls Linda, so I am not at all surprised that you can turn peaches into jam in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....