Sunday 15 September 2013

Fresh From The Garden.....To The Plate.....




While at the Cottage on Friday...

I picked all of my wee sweet tomatoes...

They were ripe and juicy...

No reason to leave them...

For Mr. Raccoon!!!

So....

They were picked...

Washed...

And packed to make the trip home with my boyfriend and I...

To be served with delight!

In...

One...

Of...

My...

Infamous...

Greek/Avacado Salads...to accompany our First Friday night meal at home...in a very long time.....Probably many months....perhaps since April!!

 







Now......

Doesn't that look delicious!?

Well....

It was!!!

  


Here is me...

Being clever in the shed!!!

It was pretty chilly on Friday...

But...luckily a north wind!


Hope you all had a great weekend....

Will have another post of the Friday garden...

Lots still going on there!!!!

And....maybe...

Just maybe...a wedding pic... 

                                       **********



On the menu tonight...

SLow-cooker Whole chicken...{as seen on Kris's blog...over at Simplify...in my sidebar}....


Rubbed with Olive Oil and assorted spices....

Roast potatoes, corn..and Swiss Chalet Sauce...

Chicken came out very moist and tender....

Just put Miss v to bed...her Mom moved today, so we are keeping her for the day and overnite...

Fingers crossed she sleeps all night!!!


                                           Cheers!   :o)
                                linda




16 comments:

  1. Mmmm dinner sounds delicious! I'm on my way!
    I like the picture of you! You look great! And I have to say, I'm probably one of the few people that do not like avocado!! But I love me some tomatoes!!
    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've picked all our little Romas too. The big ones are getting ripe and red on the vine -- time for toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one incredible looking Avocado Salad, Linda! I love that you kept the avocado in chunks. And those tomatoes, they look just perfect! I missed planting tomatoes this year but it "ain't" gonna happen next year and it may just be all your fault, lol...

    I know I should be commenting on how great you look by the shed but I just can't help focusing on your shoes (and I'm not even a show person:) They look extremely comfortable. Just saying...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Linda...now, how do I coax that Apple Pie Bread recipe out of you? I know, I'll just say pleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those shoes too!!!
      Try to only wear them occasionally..so they don't get worn out! ha!
      The post that I did on the bread is October 15,2012...put that into my search box!
      The recipe is at mybakingaddiction.com, in my sidebar...search for apple-pie bread...post dated October 8,2012...
      Let me know how you make out!!
      have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda. I am here to catch up a bit. I have been MIA for awhile with my Nana's illness, and death. We snuck up to the lake last night. Just a 24 hour trip. But always nice to get up there in that clean air. I can't believe you are all bundled up in that picture of you in the shed! We are back to those awful triple digits again. I am so over this heat!!! Hope the baby sleeps all night for you!!
    xo Kris
    PS Glad you liked the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken was really good!
      Glad you and Greg got away to the Lake...time to clear your head!
      We are supposed to heat up again this weekend...these temps are below average...She slept from 7-6:10 am...pretty darn good!!!
      Will take her out to Erika this afternoon..

      Delete
  5. Yummy looking salad. I'm picking the last of the tomatoes now, sure going to miss them when they are finished and I have to revert to store bought ones. At least there are still plenty at the Farmer's markets.
    Cooling down .. time for sweater and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad day here...but you could feel the nip in the air!!

      Delete
  6. It is early afternoon here, and not had lunch yet, so pictures of wonderful salad's are not helping!! I hate that your wonderful food is soooooooo far away. GRRRRRRRR. Glad that you got all the toms before the *&$!)* had at them. They look delicious. Looking forward to the wedding pics;) the one of you in the shed is lovely, definately a keeper! Happy Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was delicious...so fresh!!
      Happy Monday to you!!

      Delete
  7. well move over martha!!!!
    i'm not kidding.
    i don't kid about food. yours always looks and even SOUNDS fabulous.
    i agree with louise above... i like the size of the avocado chunks!
    feta... tomatoes that are almost TOO perfect!... avocados and what looks like little baby spinach leaves peaking through the herbs? this is simply beautiful!
    i think dreamy eyes did wonderfully for her first big night before the move.
    give my very best to Erika in her new home. exciting for her but heart wrenching just a little!!! XOXOXO
    and ps...
    forgot to mention those shoes too.
    even last post thought how cute they were. almost better than glam toes.
    but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a gift!!! What can I say!! hahaha!
      That is fresh basil in the salad...makes a world of difference in the taste...olive oil...and freshly ground black pepper!!!
      I never tire of painted toes!!!

      Delete
  8. YUM! Your salad looks fantastic. I'll bet it was!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....