Tuesday 10 September 2013

Starting With A Fresh New Outlook....AGAIN!!!

I seem to have been in a ...

Bit of a fog...

Lately...

Seems like...

Everything I try to do...

Doesn't work...

Or...

Locks me out...

Or...

Just plain...

Gets...

All...

Screwed...

Up...


SOOOO....

I am starting on a..

Positive note...

Keeping my cool...

Forging onward....

But...

First....I get to vent...and I know you will all be full of sympathy for me...

And pat me on the back...and say..."that's OK linda"...

THe world is full of jerks...and stupid thigns...and...oh...now I don't even know what I am saying...but...as I said before...

I must forge onward....onward and upward...onto other earth shattering
topics......Like what you ask???

                                       ***OKAY***



But...

Remember you asked....hahaha! 

But first...

A few awesome pics from last Friday at the cottage...

AHHHHHHHHHHH....THE COTTAGE!!! Now...

There is something that NEVER disappoints...

Not like....

When you go to Walmart to get diapers that are on for 1/2 price...

On the hottest day of the year so far...

And guess what????

THEY DON"T HAVE ANY!!!!   THE TRUCK IS COMING TOMORROW!!!

WELL....GUESS WHAT???

I AM HERE TODAY...and the flyer says they are 1/2 price...


GIMME THE DIAPERS!!!



I'll bet the Seagulls don't have these problems!!!


Ok...so then I go to Fabricland...

To get some outdoor fabric...to recover the cushions from the cottage...

Good idea...right???

                               WRONG!!!!

They want $25/metre....I wanted to get about 6 metres.....

                               WHAT??? 

It was on for $10/metre last week????

Could you give me 6 metres at last weeks price...

                                       NO

Really???? You want to store this summer fabric all WINTER???

Allrighty then.....see 'ya!!!

                                        *****

My email has been "locked" since Sunday.... WTH???

I finally spent 1 hour on the phone...and got it "unlocked"...

And...

I never lost my temper once....honestly....not once....but I wanted to!!!


Did you ever have one of those days.....weeks....months...

Where nothing seemed to go right???

Hopefully.....I am at the end of this*&%* for a while...

Now....onto the best part of this post...

Last Friday's Sunset...

Which was...

Saucy...Savoury...Scenic....Scintillating...Sassy...and Scrumptious...

                                  *** Enjoy***

Thanks for listening....or reading...or maybe you just jumped right to the Sunsets..Shame on you!!! tee hee hee!!

                                                             ******

It began ever so gently...

I could see it from the Sunporch as we were eating dinner...which...

By the was....was delightful!!!

Slow simmered lamb shanks...with carrots and onions...in tomatoes...

Served over smashed potatoes....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...last Friday was truly a glorious day....  

I had to go OUT.....with my trusty camera...

And capture this beauty...for all of you to share....:o)  





Now...

Weren't they everything I said.....and more???

I could just sit here and drink it all in....again...and again...and again...:o)

I think this particular Sunset....is almost....

If not better......

Than... Florida!         Just sayin'!!!


Hope you all had a great day...

You have heard about mine!!! hahaha!

I think today might just be the hottest day of the year.... 

We have a Humidex of 40*C....that is like 105*F !!!!!

Soooooooooooo glad for good old A/C......:o)

                                     ******************

On the menu tonight...and...it was delicious...

Cold Meat...Roasted Turkey, Roast Beef and Smoked Ham...

         Homemade Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Pasta Salad & 3 bean salad...


                 Perfect for such a hot day!!!

Enjoy the rest of the evening..

                                     ***************

Than you all for your kind sentiments for my boyfriend and I...

             Celebrating soooooo many years together....

                         Hard work.......eh?? hahaha!


                              Cheers!  :o)
                                  linda

21 comments:

  1. Poor Linda. That's a lot to deal with all at once. You made me chuckle with "Gimme the diapers" though. LOL. The sunset is gorgeous and your dinner sounds really good. I hope you're feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a crappy day...for sure!
      Guess I'll be back there tomorrow to get the darn diapers!

      Delete
  2. Ugh! Don't you hate days like that??? I don't usually loose my cool, either...but I 'll eat chocolate or ice cream instead. lol....

    Now that sunset is the best ever! Wow. I'm glad you got it on camera to enjoy over and over. The whole sky is pink! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what...when I was leaving the grocery store...which, by the way, went well!...there is a Baskin Robbins in the small mall...I drove around to the store...and thought...NOPE!!! I will not get a Pralines & Cream HUGE cone...I will just go home...and I did...YAY for me!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes....that sunset is THE BEST!!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunset and photos ! I love the sunsets off of lake Erie , sometimes Papa and I go down to Port Burwell just a 6 minuet drive and watch and take photos of the sunsets and clouds . I have days like that to I often wondered at the time why I even got out of bed lol. The Walmart should of at least done something for you especially if they had the diapers you wanted there and gave you the sale price now , that's what we did for our customers when I worked for Zellers .. there on the truck what a load of bull they have them there trust me they are told to save them for the sale price that's all ! Hope your week goes better for you . Oh baby it is humid out there thank goodness for AC ! Food all sounds delish . Thanks for sharing and venting it does the body good !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got them today...:o)
      So glad you enjoy the Lake Erie sunsets as well...

      Delete
  4. How does one get locked out of their email?? That's crazy and I'd be a bit ticked off too. Glad it's been corrected now. A cone of ice cream is a sure cure for me though. The sunset is really beautiful. I haven't seen many pretty sunsets this summer at all. But I got a pic of the beautiful sunrise this morning. :) I guess it's going to be humid here tomorrow - 30C. Tropical! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still darn hot here as well...
      Cooling off for the weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh, the frustrations of daily living! I hope things get back on track. Hear that, Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...hear that Walmart???
      I think they read my blog...hahaha!

      Delete
  6. Sunset .... breathtaking .... absolutely breathtaking .... and that's from pictures ... can only imagine how gorgeous in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gawd, I sure do understand this. Customer service is a thing of the past. It happens everywhere I go now.

    And I have to say this and I hope it makes you smile...

    Be thankful the diapers are not for you. ha!

    (I can say this because I pee in my pants more than anyone I know.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!!
      Hopefully not for a very LOOOONG while, Birdie...
      Oh..guess what...WE KNOW!!! hahaha!
      You crack me up!

      Delete
  8. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! Is the politest that I can come up with that I would have said after that day. W"&^!(t should have given you a raincheck voucher or something surely - although it has been a couple of decades since I shopped there of course. And what is with the fabric... they seem to be charging crazy prices for fabric these days - I paid £15 per metre for some plain grey stuff last week, but I really needed it.
    Anyway, on to cheerier, fonts and pics look great, sunset pictures are divine - of course! Dinner descriptions are not a good thing to be reading at 8am when it is hours and hours till dinner and now I am hungry before I have even started - dinner sounds divine too.
    Hope that today is better and that the heat subsides a little bit for you, if not, go and become a seagull, you are right, they don't have these troubles.

    Amy xx

    p.s a seagull would have gone for the icecream....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I should have got the ice cream as well!!!
      My boyfriend and I went to another Wal-Mart today, and got the darn diapers!
      I guess your morning is our night, eh?

      Delete
  9. It must have to do with the name!!!
    Email never has been locked, but I sure had a run in with some quotes for my railings and stairs.
    There sure are some ignorant people out there. No customer savvy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps that is it, Linda!
      Got the diapers today...thank god!

      Delete
  10. Well, that bad day is over, so shove it behind you and move forward. At least you got your email sorted out.
    It seems yesterday was a day for unwanted phone calls for me ... I now have a few numbers programmed onto silent ring, so if and when they call again (and they will) I'll never know.
    So-o-o-o-o hot and humid today, yuck, yuck, yuck!! And here I am wanting to do some clean up jobs in the garden ... instead I'm here inside in the cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...happy to have my email back...for sure!!
      So....who are you avoiding...eh, Linda?
      Lots of time for garden cleanup...I haven't even started...and I have the cottage to do as well....LA TE DAH!!!

      Delete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....