Tuesday 6 October 2015

Something Cheerful.....













It has been so darn dreary for the last 4 days...

I thought something cheerful was in order...

You may remember that I said I made some peach jam last week...

It is my boyfriends favorite...

The Peaches weren't as ripe as I had hoped...

soooo...to make up the required 4 cups...I added some fresh strawberries and filled the tops of the jars with frozen blueberries...doesn't that sound delicious??
I had given my daughter a jar of my bumbleberry jam last week...with some of my stuffed peppers...and she said it was very delicious!  The freezer jam really tastes like fresh fruit...honestly!! And much easier than cooked jam... 
 







If you have been reading my blog for any length of time...

You know my love for Kalanchoe and African Violets.. 

There are always several of them around the house at any given time... 

There are about 5 in my backyard planters, that have been out there since JUNE...still blooming...

I will clean those up, and bring them inside...and they will bloom a few more times over the winter...truly a great houseplant...and outdoor plant...pick yourself up one at the grocery store...you won't regret it!!
 


Hope you are all having a great day...
Still dreary here...not as chilly...but very damp...:o(
My boyfriend is away in the States for a few days..so I am on my own!!
Did a bit of running around today..got my hair cut...and gonna get some things sorted out for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday...Got all my veggies today and a few snacks to serve before dinner...must remember to thaw out my Butterball!! hahaha!
Tomorrow I am going to get my dining room table set...
Nice fresh tablecloth and some Fall decorating is in order...
I think a trip to the Greenhouse is in order! YES!! 
Perhaps I will get a new Violet too!♥️

Enjoy your evening... 

                        Cheers!  :o)
                            linda

ps...hope all of our friends in South Carolina are safe...
 
 

37 comments:

  1. The jam in those cute little jars looks so delicious and I know it tastes delicious, as well! Enjoy your time all by yourself - sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were here.....I would give you another jar♥️

      Delete
  2. Wow - the Kalanchoe is so beautiful. And that jam...would not last long here. Enjoy your 'me' time. Everyone needs that once in awhile. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going in circles all day! Got quite a few things done....I will be busy all evening!
      Love being by myself♥️

      Delete
  3. I forgot your Thanksgiving is so soon! Wish ours was...you guys are so smart not to tie it to the beginning of Christmas! haha.
    Love African Violets...haven't had one in years! I'll have to look for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it kinda creeps up on you! Too quick this year!
      Get yourself one! You deserve it!

      Delete
  4. Yummy jam and such a gorgeous colour.
    Enjoy some time on your own - you can swing from the chandelier!
    Yup. Dreary. I know it's that time of year, but a ray or two would be nice. Your flowers are cheering me. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did that already! Hahaha! Naked! OMG! What a sight that would be!
      Sunny today...had Miss V for a few hours♥️

      Delete
  5. I love African violets. Mine is so large but not blooming. I know that all of a sudden it will take off and I'll have more blooms than I know what to do with. Yours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try giving them a shot of Miracle Gro...or just top up with some Miracle Gro soil...mine are due for a treat!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I want to stay home, cook jam, and bake pies!
    My friend Deb and I are headed out to the farm market on Thursday. Friday I'll be home (I think).
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy with those cute little jars of jam . Yes the weather has been quite gloomy, damp and chilly here to foggy as heck this morning but I can see the sun trying it's best to burn it all off . Lovely photos . We are having out Thanksgiving dinner at the in laws on Saturday it will be nice to see the rest of the family there to . I am making and taking the desert ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing LOOKS dreary there..!
    Joie de vive everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful bright spots of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the idea of 'bumbleberry' jam.
    have a lovely thanksgiving.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jam, Violets, thoughts of a lovely table set for family and Thanksgiving . . . WONDERFUL . . .
    Enjoy your time alone to primp, tweak, treat . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying Lynne...
      But I know..in the end...everything will be fine. :o)
      Wanna give me a hand? Hahaha!

      Delete
  12. You got your hair cut but no pics?

    Love jam and the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that pretty face of yours, I bet you look killer.

      Delete
    2. You are sweet....but....it is really short....too short...I know, it will grow! Yikes!

      Delete
  13. Lovely as always to see your beautiful kalanchoes! You know they remind me of you. The jam looks delicious too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peach jam . . . . yummie . . .
    Lovely African violets , , ,etc.

    Love to see your haircut . . . must get mine done, I am beginning to feel like Sampson . . . haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eddie....
      Way too short....but...perhaps a shed mirror pic at the cottage tomorrow! It is that time of year again!
      Sampson, eh?

      Delete
    2. Sampson Eddie... I wonder what that looks like, Linda. Peach jam... I lovvvvve it.

      Delete
    3. Hi Blue!!
      I have no idea...do you!!
      Kinda scarey!!
      I love peach jam too...

      Delete
  15. I have a feeling that you look great with your new haircut. I must get a kalanchoe, yours is lovely and as you know, we share a mutual love for house plants. Caught up with some friends the last couple of days and looking forward to this weekend, as my New Yorkers will be in town. Long weekend for them also, Columbus Day. Nice that you'll have your family for Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too short....really too short.....not a happy camper :o(
      Oh you will love having your New Yorkers in town! Enjoy!
      Meeting the boyfriend at the cottage tomorrow....home Saturday....turkey Sunday....you?

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say that your jam jars are sooo cute! Daughter's for turkey on Sunday, lucky me, less work, ha, ha. Have a lovely long weekend and take care...

      Delete
  16. Love your jam Linda !
    And your jars are beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gloria....fancy meeting you here!
    Thanks for stopping by my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe how your Kalanchoes are blooming - all the time! Once the blooms are gone on mine they don't bloom again. I even fertilize them and they grow lots of new leaves but no flowers. I should have put them outside for the summer and maybe, if I keep them through the winter, I will try that next year. Your peach jam looks fabulous! I could use some of that on my toast for lunch. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....