Tuesday 22 April 2014

A Very Flowery Weekend.....












It was certainly a flowery weekend around here...
Got my front planter done...pansies,tulips,daffodils,
pussy willows,and a few Easter
eggs...for good measure!

The Easter table was dressed with
Pansies and assorted eggs and chicks!!

The Yellow Crocus I bought is blooming lovely....♥️

The Flower Lady brought me huge
bunches of Lavender tulips...
Love the way they spread themselves out!!

My new Violet is loving it beside the Hot Fuschia Kalanchoe...

The Peach Begonia is looking very pretty...

And...one of my Geraniums from outside is putting out Flower buds!!! I couldn't be happier....well...I could...but this is awesome!!

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the looks of your blogs....you all had a very nice weekend and Easter...

Nothing like family time, eh?  Reminds me of the good old days...♥️

I have a few photos...I will share later...hoping my Son will send me a few...

We tried for a family photo...but the day went so fast...and then Miss V had to get home to bed...


                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crazy weather today....rainy...then sunny...then dark clouds...and of course the hideous winds!

Yesterday was nearly 20*c here....very warm...

The plumber is at the cottage today...fingers crossed!!!

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Hope you are all having a great day...

             On the menu tonight....

                 Turkey Pot Pie !!!  surprise...surprise!!   Salad on the side...

   
                         Enjoy the rest of your day...

                             Cheers!  :o)
                                linda 

ps....Happy Earth Day....thanks Tammy!♥️♥️♥️

                            

41 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! I picked some of the wildflowers in the garden for a friend yesterday and they're so pretty at this time of year. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet they are Em....you have beautiful things growing all around you♥️

      Delete
  2. So pretty and your house looks picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll thanks Ivy....I try!

      Delete
    2. Seriously, you could be in a magazine. Very nice.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the compliment....very much appreciated, Ivy ♥️

      Delete
  3. We both chose pansies for the dinner table. :) I love those crocuses. Wow! They are gorgeous. Your house looks like a beautiful garden, Linda. I planted a few more pansies today in pots just to have them here and there. Love, love, love them. It's raining all day today and I spent most of it putting away Easter things. It's nice to un-clutter the rooms and bring in some flowers now. Your dinner sounds great. Mine will be left-overs. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I put all the Eastery things away yesterday...
      I love having flowers/plants in the house...it just feels right....I love Pansies too!
      Waiting for my jolly-jump-ups in the garden♥️

      Delete
  4. Sure felt like Easter to me, scrolling up and down and trying to smell the flowers. What luscious colors. I do love the way tulips spread themselves out...and your dinner table and coffee table, so festive.
    Hoping you have a great week.. Sending hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda.....it was a great weekend!
      Enjoy your week....

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty. I'm glad you had a nice Easter, Miss V must have had a ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did....playing with her aunts and uncles♥️

      Delete
  6. I went for tulips on the table..they begged to come home with me...honest.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Jane....I believe you....I have seen lots of flowers begging....they do it to me ALL the time!

      Delete
  7. Beautuful flowers and arrangements and beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eddie...that makes it all worthwhile...I see I have touched your feminine side!

      Delete
    2. Gosh I feel like a hexagon! How many sides do you think I have? On my blog a soft side, here a feminine side . . . . . . . now, Linda, say he with a low slow voice . . . . what are the other sides? ROFL Tell me if you dare hahaha!

      Delete
    3. lol But that's only a triangle!

      Delete
    4. Hahahaha!
      Yes . . . . . . . listening??

      Delete
  8. Gotta love tulips!
    It's getting dark and looking like rain again here.
    We had a brief interlude of sunshine, but it lasted only a few minutes.
    Had an unexpected visitor this afternoon in the form of a snapping turtle.
    I let her do her thing and snapped a few photos.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had that same weather...love to see pics of the turtle!

      Delete
  9. It looks so pretty around your house. I love the planter you did up. Beautiful! Colour is so nice isn't it? Sounds like you had a lovely weekend too. It's coolish here. Cloudy and breezy and cool. Rain coming for 2 days...not good. I hate to wish time away but April hasn't been the nicest month so I'm really hoping May will show a lot of improvement! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool here today too Pam.....kinda getting annoying!
      Yes....LOTS of improvement.....please!

      Delete
  10. I love turkey pot pie:))
    Love all these flowers:)
    Just beautiful!
    Still I have some roses.
    xxxxxx for you and miss V
    Cute!
    Always I laugh with your comments in grumpy blue lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria!
      Blue is funny...isn't he?

      Delete
  11. Looks and sounds like you had a lovely weekend to ! Such pretty flowers you have there . My Geraniums and Violets are all in bloom and I love it to . Yesterday the temps hit 22C here yet today it is cold . Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine....your geraniums are awesome!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful blooms made your home very spring like for Easter.
    The blooms are getting closer in the garden ... buds coming on the daffodils and the tulips have got much taller with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a few daffodils today that are nearly ripe!
      Perhaps a wee garden tour for me tomorrow!

      Delete
  13. Geraniums...one of my all time favorites! I want some white and pink ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! woke this morning to the ground covered in snow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear....we are clear here...finally!

      Delete
  15. glimpses of your beautiful home...
    i peek behind the flowers.
    it's all so gorgeous!
    makes me happy.
    looking forward to the family pics.
    hope the plumber works miracles! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plumber did just that, Tammy...
      We are on our way out there tomorrow!

      Delete
  16. Mmm turkey pot pie …love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house looks very happy and full of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....