Tuesday 17 April 2012

Back to Front...

 
Let's start in the back garden at home....




My Money Plants, are doing great...also
called LUNARIA...they are the plants that
give you the "Silver Dollars", after they
are finished blooming....the seeds are inside
the dollars...they are a bi-ennial, so it takes
a bit of finesse, to get blooming every year...


Will take a photo in the FALL...the seed heads
are used in dried arrangements...you will recognize it, when you see it...



I am PROUD to say...I have accomplished
that.......let's hear it for me...come on....I Can't HEAR you...



And my BLUE DELPHINIUM in the foreground is getting HUGE!!

These are my perennial Bamboo...very tall and striking...surrounded by "Snow On The Mountain"...or as my fellow blogger LJM likes to call it..."Goutweed"...and she tried for YEARS to rid her front garden of it...I prefer to "manage" it...when it shows up unwanted...I RIP it out...now that's gardening..sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind..

LIGULARIA...getting bigger and better....
Forget-me-nots just starting to bloom...PINK and BLUE flowers....

Trilliums looking good...

Even the variegated enonymous is looking GREEN and LUSH...
Columbine getting taller...





Now, lets move to the
front garden....



These FERNS are just
starting to unfurl...


Nothing lovelier than
FERNS....I will keep an
eye on these, and try
to capture their
growth...


So delicate     :o)

My Climbing Hydrangea is looking splendid....Wonder if I will get any BLOOMS this year...I certainly hope so.....fingers crossed.....

Solomon's Seals....this is a very interesting plant...another from my sister....came along with a Hydrangea she dug up for me MANY years ago....thanks... they are a tall plant....with a long spike of dainty "bell-like" flowers....they almost remind me of Lily of the Valley...only on STEROIDS....      :o)

This poor old clay pot, disintegrated this winter...tidied her up a bit...and she is bursting with VIOLETS....soon to be blooming..






More clay pots...one with Woodland GERANIUMS and one with HOSTA and VIOLETS.. lots of blue VINCA in the background...

But the real star is my Lungwort...or Pulmonaria....this one is PINK and PURPLE...love the speckled leaves...too bad they are sooooooo shortlived...  :o(










My picture I have picked for today....is an old log at the
cottage....I have put some
perennial GOLDEN GLOW in...
and of course some IMPATIENCE...

I have already seen this year, that the GOLDEN GLOW  is coming up....

YEAH!!!!!....so, all I have to do
is add some colorful annuals....

easy peasy.............. I can handle that!!!

Have a great day                       :o)

                   



8 comments:

  1. Hi Linda:

    Loved your post on the surprises in your garden. Also have Pulminaria and couldn't remember its name. Thanks for that! Mine was a transplant from a friend. I also love the planting in the log!!
    Great little post on the progress in your garden. I agree, it is so much fun to watch what is happening in the garden. My favorite thing to do in the morning with cup of coffee in hand!! m.a. ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning so much about my garden from reading your blog. I have all these plants and had no idea their names nor their blooms! I still can't remember their names ;( but now I know that what I have is not weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of similar plants in our gardens. Some of yours a ahead of mine in growth. I just planted some more lunaria yesterday. I've got one piece in its second year so it should bloom. Hopefully the seeds from this year will grow and then I'll have continual blooms. Have you seen my Sow Then Grow where I have lots of info about lunaria and other seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Crafty...
    I will visit for sure...
    Glad you decided to go with the word verifications...not so tough, eh??

    WIll visit you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I learn lots by visiting your patch Linda, I am luvin the money plant, with the silver dollars, very nice!
    I think your garden is well ahead considering the time of year, would you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa:

    Yes and No...
    If that makes any sense...
    the ones that really surprise me are the peonies...as they don't usually bloom until mid-June...
    I am keeping my eye on those..
    The hostas as well...
    Keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda ~~ Your gardens are coming along beautifully. My silver dollar plants are only poking through the soil. Although we both live in Ontario it always amazes me with the different growing zones.
    Nice to meet you!
    Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....