Tuesday 17 April 2012

What A Score....

We spent the weekend at the cottage...

Worked around the gardens...chopped wood...cleaned bird poop off almost everything!!!
After finishing our chores...we headed inside..

Only after sitting in the late day  sun, while we BBQ'D the Lamb Chops..

Later on Friday night, we had a lovely fire and a lovely meal of said lamb chops, roast potatoes and Greek Salad.






The fire was really nice, as it was pretty nippy out there again, this weekend....




We got REALLY spoiled with all that WARM 
weather....early on...


I WANT THAT WEATHER BACK...sorry about 
that....I will try and compose myself...there....deep breath...
take it easy....ok...I am back on track... 



Relaxing...listening to music...we had it all...
[me and my boyfriend] 

One of 2 chairs that I had bought at The Sally a  few years ago...thought they looked very vintage and "cottagey"...they are also VERY comfortable...original upholstery...now that I have a new sewing machine, thought I might make some slipcovers...what do YOU think???  Or, are they fine as they are???


Even Don Cherry stopped in for a visit...looking as spiffy and dapper as ever...
Saturday was kinda dreary...so we headed to Port...Port Colborne, that is...straight to the Port Thrift...picked up these 2 gorgeous serving bowls, that I had spied on another visit...I was very glad that they were still there... and only $1.50 a piece...
Aren't they lovely.....       :o)






According to the bottom...they are "Sweet Grass" pattern.....by Modern Craft...


I just love them....they are perfect for summer salads....pasta salads....potato salad....bean salad...cucumber salad....greek salad....now I am GETTING HUNGRY...


Can't wait to use them... 

They are washed, and stacked in the kitchen open shelving....ready to hold some delicious summer salads.....YUMMY... and very good looking as well...Don't look at my cupboards...I KNOW they need some paint...will get to that....uh...er....soon...yeah, that's it...soon...
Next stop...the Salvation Army in Port...had seen this Bartlett Collins glass cookie jar there, a few months ago....but they wanted too much for it. I already have a Ginger Bread Man cookie jar, by the same maker, so I really DID want it...but I was too tight!!!
Well....much to my surprise, they had REDUCED the price, and on Saturday everything was 50% off....so it was a double whammy.... it got to come home to the cottage...looks good...[paid $2.50]   yikes....:o)
Also picked up this black pottery thingy...perfect for planting succulents...like my old roasting pan below....FULL of succulents...

As we left the lake on Sunday....this was the view of the drive from the car....actually VERY HAPPY for the much needed rain....so that we can enjoy beautiful geraniums like the one below..from last summer...  :o)
















As I leave you...

enjoy the view from the deck...

looking at the miscanthus...

I can just SMELLl how fresh it is...

A few more things popping up...

Later.........





Hope you all have a good day...

Cheers!

                          :o)



4 comments:

  1. More great cottage finds! It's absolutely necessary to have all this space for your collections! Only you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the cottage with a warm cosy fire, great food dishes ready, how do you tear yourself away! I couldn't, it looks a fantastic little hide away!
    Great thirty finds Well Done Linda!

    Regards Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that cosy fire looks so inviting!! You are the Dish Queen! You must have enough dishes of every size, shape, colour, and design to fill many cupboards!! I like the black thingee..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm sure you will do great with the project! Let me know if you have any questions. Love your cottage...and those cookie jars! Took me back to when I was little. I think my Grandma or Mom had some like that! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....