Tuesday 10 April 2012

Calling All Thrift Shoppers....




Did a little thrift shopping over the last few weeks, and thought I would put it ALL together in one post.


The picture to the right includes everything from just ONE trip!!

Funky orange placemats, for my son, who LOVES anything "retro"...

great green Mccain pottery dish, for at least 2 violets...very deep...


 2 pretty pink floral pillowcases [can't find nice patterned pillowcases anymore]...

6 cool, funky retro dishes..looked for them on- line...think they are from a cruise ship line of dinnerware, from the late 50's!!...

Pyrex butter keeper...[even though I actually DON'T use butter!!]

Pyrex clear brown glass casserole and lid...has a wheat pattern on it...

And a really sweet colorful hand embroidered tablecloth...not a mark on it...:o)




My Mom used to embroider tablecloths...I have a few from her....  :o)    so....whenever I see one, it has to come home with me!!! I love the red "BLANKET STITCHED" edges...

Even the inside hem is hand-sewn...can't put a price on that...  :o)


What a lovely bunch they are...and I think I spent just under $10.00 for the works...warms the cockles of my heart....I LOVE a bargain...and everything will be put to good use...[except maybe for the butter keeper, but I am sure I can find SOMEBODY who can use it]    you can bet on that!!!!















After loading up my photos for this post, I looked to my left...and what did I see???

I forgot to include my little pot with legs crossed thing-a-ma-jiggy thing, with blue striped socks and black shoes...thingy...  :o)

Thought he/she would look pretty darn cute with a small violet in him/her...thingy...



 How adorable is THAT!!!   just about the most adorable thing I have seen today.....tee hee hee.....love him/her.....




Well.........we were supposed to get some MUCH needed rain.....but only a few drops...

Hope this isn't going to be one of those summers, when it always rains on the weekends...:o(

I will try not to be negative....stiff upper lip and all that...

Cheerio....okay okay...enough of that....

                         Cheers.........hope you ALL have a great day....      :o) 

                                                        

4 comments:

  1. You are a lady after my own heart, my middle name is thrifty... All the items work well together, perfect for those family gatherings.. I can just imagine a steamy bowl of soup around the log fire! WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love thrift store shopping! You can always gets such bargains. You certainly have an eye for things, I must say! You have to be able to look at things without all the crap that surrounds them and you are certainly able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your "finds". You are indeed a gifted finder-of-things. So many I remember from childhood, so many I have, so little place to put these "tchotchkes"...I'm so happy to see them living at your place! Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie:
    how about if I bring a few things over???

    hahahah

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....