Sunday 15 April 2012

Finished...She Looks Fabulous...


After arriving home from the Lake, early this afternoon....I decided to get down to business..


Sewing business, that is...


I only had 2 things to make for ANN....so I thought this was as good a time as any...

Kinda rainy and gloomy anyway....so why
not get to work...

RIGHT?


RIGHT!   [tee hee hee...I didn't  need too much encouragement]










The apron was first....not very difficult...double hems...elastic...shoulder straps...back tie..



ANN  looks pretty darn pleased...   :o)



Next...the bloomers, or panties....easy again...elastic...



Once again....ANN looks quite smug and pleased with the new ensemble..

So....just to make her look pretty for her photo-op, I slipped her into her OLD DRESS...guess what.....
I think we are good-to-go with the original dress...Not that I am TOO LAZY, or anything like that...I just think this is perfect the way it is!!!





                                          So Proud of Myself....Job Well Done....





If I ever learn how to use the
scanner....I will find a picture of Lissa, receiving her ANN for Christmas...

There.....now I have to figure out the scanner...wouldn't that make a cool card....her as a child, when she first got ANN....I am GOING
to do that....

If I ever make another doll...I think I will switch the colors up...you know...different STRIPED stockings...different HAIR...maybe a POLKA DOT apron....WOW..that would be cool....I must think about that one for a while...


                                    Meanwhile....enjoy this shot of a DEEP PINK Begonia...

                                    Can't wait to buy some...most garden centres are opening May !st...                                                         
                                                                  YAHOO!!!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend....lots of birds at the lake....busy, busy, busy...

                           Cheers     :o) 











5 comments:

  1. Great skills there Linda, perfect present... you are very good at choosing the ideal gifts for people.
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann is perfect with her 'old' dress. She looks lovely!! I would love to see an 'Amy' - different hair, etc. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks...will leave her "as is"
    still thinking about another doll...hmmmmmmm..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you actually embroider the face details??? That's really extraordinary work! Bravo. I love the newly renovated Ann. You could make her "seasonal" outfits to match your decor. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is for Lissa's birthday!!!
    geeesshhh...
    did the face and heart about...oh...30 years ago...I think she stood up rather well..

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....