Friday 13 April 2012

Let Me Introduce You To My Friend Ann......

In my guest room at home, I have a rocker
filled with some of my daughters' childhood
toys.


The rocker belonged to my Mom...who in
turn got it from her Mom...so it has a lot
of sentimental value on its own.   :o)

In the chair, sits....2 CARE BEARS [one hidden]
TICKLE ME ELMO..and of course...ANN...

I made her for my eldest...Lissa....back in the
OLDEN DAYS....she had moved with her several

times, over the past 10-12 years...and before
the last move, decided to leave her here for a
while.

As you can see...she is none the worse for the
wear....but did manage to lose her apron and
pantaloons over the years!!!!





















 So I decided for my FIRST sewing project...with the new machine....I would fashion a new wardrobe for poor old ANN....got the pattern out....pinned it to the fabric....and got cutting...









Well.....now you know the project...

Not too demanding...

At least I don't have to do the embroidery
again...

And  that hair!!! that was painful work...

Lissa's Birthday is at the end of the month...

She will be 38...won't she be surprised at
what her old Mom made for her  Birthday!!

ANN's  little heart says it all.....


Stay tuned for the finished product...

Do you think she needs a new dress as well??

Maybe a nice red gingham?? To match her hair...

I need some feedback on that.....please vote   yes   or   no   for a new dress...

Well that's enough for me for one day....will get back to it next week...

Off to the cottage to enjoy the great outdoors....

Have a great weekend......

 TO BE CONTINUED.....
 
Cheers!                                            :o)


5 comments:

  1. Yes, of course, to a new dress for the lovely Ann! So adorable! She doesn't look her age at all. Kind of like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww..thanks Devon...I am a BIT older than Ann!!! :o)

    SO...that's 1 vote for a new dress...I need at least 5 to go ahead..

    keep those votes coming....

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES YES she needs Panties, a new dress and an apron. Happy now?? How in the world did you do that embroidery on the original face??? Good luck, it's a sweet project. When you finish that I have all sorts of things you can finish up for me :) YES...that's FIVE..get going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do the embroidery BEFORE you stuff the head...it was the HAIR that was a nightmare...

    Looks like I will have to get some more fabric for the new dress...any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOOO Cute! I did the same doll for Maki (my granddaughter). Lots of work! Linda, you can't believe the ease of the new sewing machines. I couldn't believe I didn't have to squint with my glasses on for half and hour or more, to try and thread my old machine. The new ones do it for you!! Fancy that!! YA to new dress, panties and apron - you gooooo! Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Oh...I do love comments....no anonymous comments allowed...and you know who you are....